Windows 10: Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb

Discus and support Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Cache Folder that just go bigger and bigger and I want to know if and how I can clear it. Normal Windows Clean Up dosent work.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Etemuss, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Etemuss Win User

Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb

I have a Cache Folder that just go bigger and bigger and I want to know if and how I can clear it. Normal Windows Clean Up dosent work. Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb 5aa52506-4064-46ee-933d-2c2f457e1b87?upload=true.png

:)

Etemuss, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Damaged cache files in Windows Store

We appreciate your response Jay. We suggest that you try resetting the cache folder in App Directory. You may follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer; then, copy-paste the following path in the explorer address bar and hit
      Enter:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Note: In case your Windows is installed on some other drive, replace
      C above with the system root drive, followed by the name of your own user account. Also, replace the text <username> with the username associated with your account.
    • In the LocalState folder, check whether the cache folder is present or not. If it is there, rename it
      cache.old.
    • Next, create a new folder and name it cache. In case the cache folder is not there by default, just create an empty new folder and name it
      cache.
    We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows Store Broken - Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi,

Since you already run wsreset.exe, We suggest clearing/deleting the local cache by following these steps:

• Run Command.
    • Click Users.
    • Select the username that you're using to login on the computer.
    • Click AppData.
    • Select Local.
    • Click on Packages.
    • Select on Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    • Click on LocalCache.
    • Delete all files and folders.
    • After you have deleted cache try to open Windows App Store again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb - Similar Threads - Cache folder 100gb

2. Duplicate folder Package Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folder Package Cache: Hello,Even though they take space, I understood I shouldn't delete this folder.However, I have to folders with the same name and size:c:\Users\All Users\Package CacheC:\ProgramData\Package CacheWhy do I have two? Can I delete one of them is one of them unnecessary?...
  3. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  4. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  5. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Firefox cache folder location

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox cache folder location: Please I would like to know where Firefox cache folder located at? 181518
  7. IE11 cache folder location

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 cache folder location: Please I would like to know where IE11 cache folder located at? 181059
  8. Windows 10 User folder taking up 100GB+

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User folder taking up 100GB+: So I was looking at the drive I use to store windows on, in my case I have it stored on a 500GB Samsung SSD, and I was trying to clear out space for potentially installing my main games on it. I then located the user's folder which to my surprise I found that after clicking...
  9. Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.

Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why I have this giant folder on my Computer. Cant even use my SSD becuase of this taking up to much space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-deliveryoptimization-cache-folder-is/1537622d-978c-4722-a9af-c979c4ede6a8
  10. Icon cache folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache folder in Windows 10: Hello All, It seems like every time I reboot, my icons always go back to their original state after I sort them where I want them to be. My laptop is used/refurbished. I know the last owner had a serious virus on it because two of my memory banks still aren't working. I...