Windows 10: Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches

Discus and support Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnotherJohnathon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches

One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching. It will open a blue window and then immediately close. It still works for other users logged into the same PC though. We have tried the following steps in this order trying to resolve this issue for her:

• Terminated the app
    • Reset the app
    • Performed a Windows update to 1903 (I think it was 1809 previously)
    • Uninstalled then re-installed the app (uninstalling wasn't an option prior to the update)
    • We've tried re-registering the apps using this powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Ended the Runtime Broker background process
    • Ran the built in Windows App troubleshooter and rebooted afterwards
    • Ran WSReset.exe

These were most of the solutions I could find by searching. Is there any other possible solution? I don't want to remove and recreate her profile again since that would be a pain for her to do for the second time in two days and it's not guaranteed to work since that's what sparked this issue in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

:)

AnotherJohnathon, Oct 9, 2019

2. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 9, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator not working

Hello,

If a default Windows 10 app is missing or not working correctly, it might be due to the system being outdated or there is a corruption within the system or profile that you are using. For us to isolate the issue in launching the Calculator app in Windows
    10, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the problem in opening the app started recently?
    • When attempting to open the app, are there any error messages that appear?
    • Are you able to launch the app using another local account?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, attempt to launch the app.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches

Whatapp Crashes as soon as launched Nokia Lumia 720

I recently installed whatsapp on my Nokia 720, and as soon as i launch the application, The app crashes and the home screen appears...

Tried reinstalling the app but still not working!!

Any Suggestions??

sagarbardipur, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches

1. Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches - Similar Threads - Calculator app crashing

2. Windows 10 Settings App crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings App crashing on launch: Settings app launches to the initial menu but then crashes & nothing can be selected. Is this a known problem and is there any way to fix it? Thanks...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Crashes on App Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Crashes on App Launching: Hello! I have this issue with the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition! As soon as I start the app, it crashes before the main menu appears! It has nothing to do with the drivers since before i installed them it still didn't work. I've tried every tutorial I could find and nothing...
  4. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall. still not working...
  5. Microsoft Photos crashes soon after launch

Microsoft Photos crashes soon after launch: Soon after opening Microsoft Photos, the app crashes within the first 10-15 seconds. You are unable to sign-in, and really do anything else. It has populated the latest photos into its index. It hadn't done this before. What I have done is try to repair and reset, and have...
  6. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing: Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes immediately. I tried resetting, reinstalling the apps using powershell commands following this guide here but to no avail. Also...
  7. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Calculator App Launches On Its Own: Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. So far, it seems to be connected...
  8. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  9. Calculator app in Windows 10 soon to get always on top feature

in Windows 10 News
    Calculator app in Windows 10 soon to get always on top feature: One of our top requested #WindowsCalculator features is the ability to keep Calculator on top of other windows as you work—you'll soon be able to do just that! Also, tiny calculator!! *Arrow Add the ability for users to pin Calculator on top of other windows . Issue #78 ....
  10. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch: Hardware: Surface pro 3 Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345) 1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP account, which cannot receive new mail. Than I tried to edit the account settings, but the account setting dialogue won't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roblox keeps crashing windows 10

2. windows 10 calculator app crashing

3. calculator app windows 10 crashing