Windows 10: Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

Discus and support Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, Hoping someone can help us - it is an interesting one. We have built a Citrix VDI solution that uses a golden image with the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomas Ulbrich, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

Hello All,

Hoping someone can help us - it is an interesting one.

We have built a Citrix VDI solution that uses a golden image with the latest Windows 10 version/build (fully patched to September 24th). This image is presented to the end-users (a fresh) whenever they log-off or the system is rebooted.

Now as we all know, Microsoft has moved the Calculator from OS to "Trusted Microsoft Store App". Which can be fine, except our Citrix users cannot see nor will ever be allowed to contact the Store. These systems need to be isolated, but they also need a functioning calculator for business reasons.

I've tried all the of forums version of uninstalling/re-installing (powershell, and GUI). iei. (example -- Get-AppxPackage -allusers *windowscalculator* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

It works fine if I test run it on the golden image... but... as soon as users start logging into the golden image - it works (displays) for them the 1 time. All sequential logins the calculator disappears from the menu, unless I delete their profiles (as we stored them in a network share), beforehand.

Now we can not be deleting profiles constantly - is there a way to keep the calculator on the OS (without the dying need of the OS to see/contact the Store)??

Any help you can provide would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tomas

:)

Tomas Ulbrich, Oct 5, 2018
  2. ossie Win User

Calculator is missing

I just type Calculator in search bar and it pops up at top of list.

ossie, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Can't use Windows Store App or calculator

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to use Windows Store App or calculator.

The issue might be caused due to corruption in system files or corrupted user account.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and press Enter
      key.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select Windows Store Apps from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue is unresolved, perform step 2.

Step 2: Create a new user account.

Refer to the below link to create a local user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

1. Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store - Similar Threads - Calculator Missing Access

2. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    calculator is missing from windows 10: my calculator has disapered from my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-is-missing-from-windows-10/d5711dfb-64e8-4422-9e62-22e45aefd4a2
  3. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator is missing from windows 10: my calculator has disapered from my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-is-missing-from-windows-10/d5711dfb-64e8-4422-9e62-22e45aefd4a2
  4. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset

Windows Store, Calculator missing after Windows Reset: Hi. So I installed some optional updates to Windows 10 and it crashed my computer. I got stuck in BSOD loop even before the login screen, and Safe Mode wasn't helpful either, so had to reset the windows while keeping my data, but losing all user apps. Once it restored and I...
  6. Calculator missing in windows 10 pro

Calculator missing in windows 10 pro: I'm working in a company where users used to feed data in windows 10 machines. Later found out that windows default apps like calendar ,calculator found missing and tried number of methods that found in internet and still haven't able to get the calculator. And the users...
  7. Windows 10 Calculator font missing

Windows 10 Calculator font missing: Hi, Windows 10 Calculator font is missing. The app can still do math work but it's not usable. I tried to uninstall and install again using the windows store. Please don't tell me I have to reset Windows 10. My OS language is English. [ATTACH]...
  8. Calculator Missing... ?

Calculator Missing... ?: Am on Win 10 Pro and suddenly now the inbuilt calculator program seems missing. Please inform how to restore the program that comes by default. Thx 143292
  9. Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store

Windows 10 - Calculator (Missing) & No Access to the Store: Hello All, Hoping someone can help us - it is an interesting one. We have built a Citrix VDI solution that uses a golden image with the latest Windows 10 version/build (fully patched to September 24th). This image is presented to the end-users (a fresh) whenever they...
  10. Calculator is missing

Calculator is missing: Upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 last week. The old calculator was removed, but I can't find the new calculator or any calculator. FYI: I currently use Classic Shell - because I hate the tile interface. The calculator is not in any program group. 14078

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 calculator missing

2. Calculator 10.1811.3241.0

3. citrix microsoft.windowscalculator calculator app missing

4. missing calculator in windows 10,
  5. reinstall microsoft.windowscalculator_10.1811.3241.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe,
  6. calculator missing from windows 10 vdi,
  7. citrix calculator missing