Windows 10: Windows 10 Calculator

Discus and support Windows 10 Calculator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently over the last few days noticed that the Windows Calculator's inbuilt currency converter will not work. So far I have taken the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard Dowds, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

I have recently over the last few days noticed that the Windows Calculator's inbuilt currency converter will not work.

So far I have taken the following steps:

1 Repaired the app

2 Uninstalled/Reinstalled the app

3 Turned off the firewall temporarily

4 Logged into the local admin account

5 Tried on two additional devices and networks

All of these have the same result, with the currency converter looking like the image below:

Windows 10 Calculator 59fad0f3-659d-46ce-93b1-dcb939e790f9?upload=true.png

At the moment, it looks like this is a problem with a Microsoft server. Can you advise whether there is anything that I can do to try and get this working?

Thanks,

Richard

:)

Richard Dowds, Feb 25, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Calculator

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Calculator

1. Windows 10 Calculator - Similar Threads - Calculator

2. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  3. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  4. Lost Calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Calculator: When I press the calculator key on my keyboard---nothing happens. Before I did a 'restore', tapping the calculator key always broght up a calculator on my screen. Now---nothing happens. Any help, much appreciated....
  5. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  6. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  7. OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating: I have OneDrive set on keeping all files on the drive. But often when I try to open a file, it tries to download the file and then it's stuck on "calculating". I tried different networks and different times. Nothing helps. I have to go online and get my file from there. The...
  8. OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating

OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating: I have OneDrive set on keeping all files on the drive. But often when I try to open a file, it tries to download the file and then it's stuck on "calculating". I tried different networks and different times. Nothing helps. I have to go online and get my file from there. File...
  9. How do I multiply on the Calculator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I multiply on the Calculator?: I know this sounds Stupid, but, how do I multiply on the Calculator on my Computer. There is no Multiply sign . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-multiply-on-the-calculator/a75022d5-4e19-40bf-8cd6-4d1e8f958908
  10. How do I multiply on the Calculator?

How do I multiply on the Calculator?: I know this sounds Stupid, but, how do I multiply on the Calculator on my Computer. There is no Multiply sign . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-multiply-on-the-calculator/a75022d5-4e19-40bf-8cd6-4d1e8f958908