Windows 10: Windows 10 Calculator

Discus and support Windows 10 Calculator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to know a keyboard shortcut to bring the calculator to the front, without having to click it with my mouse. I use the calculator all day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobbieKehoe, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Calculator

I would like to know a keyboard shortcut to bring the calculator to the front, without having to click it with my mouse. I use the calculator all day trying to kick the adding machine habit!. The added step of having to mouse click before i can start entering numbers is not working all that well.

I have a shortcut to open the calculator, which is working, but I end up with 20 calculator windows open.

As a side questions, and not the priority here, is there a way to configure the calculator to be a similar data entry style to an adding machine?

:)

BobbieKehoe, Jan 27, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Calculator

The Windows Accessories Calculator (Windows 10) not working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to access Calculator on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say, “Windows Accessories Calculator” are you referring to the Windows calculator application that comes preinstalled in Windows 10?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

If you are referring to the Windows Calculator application, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Reset Calculator

You may want to try resetting the Calculator application and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Calculator app, click on it and select
      Advanced options.
    4. Click on Reset, and wait for the process to complete.
    5. Now, try launching Calculator and check.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall

If resetting the app doesn’t help, you may want to try uninstalling it and then reinstall from Microsoft Store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Calculator app, click on it and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Once the app is uninstalled, visit:
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5?activetab=pivotWindows 10 Calculator :eek:verviewtab
      and install Calculator.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Calculator

1. Windows 10 Calculator - Similar Threads - Calculator

2. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  3. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  4. OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating: I have OneDrive set on keeping all files on the drive. But often when I try to open a file, it tries to download the file and then it's stuck on "calculating". I tried different networks and different times. Nothing helps. I have to go online and get my file from there. The...
  5. OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating

OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating: I have OneDrive set on keeping all files on the drive. But often when I try to open a file, it tries to download the file and then it's stuck on "calculating". I tried different networks and different times. Nothing helps. I have to go online and get my file from there. File...
  6. How do I multiply on the Calculator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I multiply on the Calculator?: I know this sounds Stupid, but, how do I multiply on the Calculator on my Computer. There is no Multiply sign . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-multiply-on-the-calculator/a75022d5-4e19-40bf-8cd6-4d1e8f958908
  7. How do I multiply on the Calculator?

How do I multiply on the Calculator?: I know this sounds Stupid, but, how do I multiply on the Calculator on my Computer. There is no Multiply sign . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-multiply-on-the-calculator/a75022d5-4e19-40bf-8cd6-4d1e8f958908
  8. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...: I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft...
  9. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...: I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft...
  10. Crash on Launch: Windows Store, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator

Crash on Launch: Windows Store, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator: Issue: Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Calculator, and the Windows Store crash upon launch on my PC. Attempted Solutions: Reset Photo Viewer and Calculator in Apps, no change. Uninstall of both were successful as far as I can tell but when I go to reinstall them both, the...