Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event"

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made a bunch of reminders in a separate Google Calendar, and I synced that calendar with my Windows 10 Calendar desktop app. This calendar was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by m...k, May 1, 2020.

1. m...k Win User

Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event"

I made a bunch of reminders in a separate Google Calendar, and I synced that calendar with my Windows 10 Calendar desktop app. This calendar was created as private, and it needs to remain private.

The sync is automatic and system-wide on Windows 10 configured in the Settings for my Gmail and Outlook accounts. Any change I make in either Google Calendar or Windows 10 Calendar app is getting picked up by the other. So that part works just fine.

The issue is that notifications I'm getting in the Notification Center show just a generic "Private event":

Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event" [​IMG]

Again, all these events have proper titles which I'm able to edit and sync across both Google and Windows 10 calendars just fine.

Is there any way to force Notifications Center to read these properly? I use these as reminders and it kind of defeats the purpose of a notification when I need to go to the Calendar app to check which event took place.

Edit: I forgot to add one important thing. If I log in to outlook.live.com I can see the calendar in it, but not any of the events.

:)

m...k, May 1, 2020

2. Calendar notifications say private

Windows 10 1903,

Ok, so, My desktop updated to 1903 a couple of weeks ago and it asked me to reconnect my calendars, etc... and now all of my imported google calendar events pop as "Private Event". So, the only way I know what the event entails is to click on the notification.
    After the update it did ask me to reconnect my google account but, it had done that with previous updates as well. Any suggestions and or information would be appreciated. I did delete and reimport the calendars as well as search the settings.

Rasta Monkey, May 1, 2020
  3. Facebook Events not showing in the Calendar app.

Hello, Kevin.

I'm having the same issue on my Windows Phone 7 (Nokia Lumia 900).

NOKIA LUMIA 900

OS Version: 7.10.8862.144

Firmware: 2175.2907.8858.13030

Carrier: Claro

Just to make one more thing clear: I've recently set up "the two step verification" using an App to login to my Microsoft Account. But I don't think this has something to do with the problem of the Facebook events not showing on my WP7 Calendar, specially
    because everything else is working very well (contacts, apps, notifications, etc.).

I've made some tests, subscribing to my Facebook calendar from my Outlook.com calendar and it worked, but only for the events that were already appointed. I created some other events (public and private events) as a test and it didn't update on Outlook.com
    or on my Phone calendar (in addition: a friend's birthday disappeared from my Phone Calendar - although it remained on my Outlook.com calendar).

Hope there's something we can do to solve this. I really love my phone and it's system and I totally rely on it's calendar to get things going, but these issues are starting to make me miss some events, which is making me feel a little disappointed.

Thanks in advance!

Leandro.

Leandro Francischetti, May 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event"

Calendar App randomly shows no events, app bar missing

I've noticed recently that the calendar app will sometimes show no events and not have the app bar visible at the bottom of the screen. When this happens, I have to power cycle the phone before the events show up again; closing the calendar app from the
    task switcher (hold down back key) and relaunching it appears to have no effect. Also, while the calendar appears to be empty, event reminders still trigger as scheduled. The events always remain visible on other devices, such as through Outlook Web Access,
    desktop Outlook client, etc.

Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event" [​IMG]

For what it's worth, I do have a large number of calendars synced to my phone, but I've had things set up this way long before the problem started:

• On-Premises Exchange 2010

2 calendars (1 hidden)
    • Facebook Beta

Birthdays, Attending, Invited
    • Hotmail (Windows Live)

4 calendars (3 hidden)
    • Office 365

6 calendars (4 hidden)
    I'm running a Lumia 928 with WP 8.1 Update (8.10.14157.200).

The fact that the app bar is missing and the notifications continue to work makes me think the app is somehow getting stuck resuming/redrawing, rather than the calendar data actually being missing. Anyone else seeing this? Suggestions?

Matt Schultz, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event"

1. Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event" - Similar Threads - Calendar app notifications

2. Calendar app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app not showing notifications: Hey guys, I have birthdays set up in my contacts and they show up in calendar and other events as well but I never receive a notification in the taskbar, I reset the app and also made sure in system, notifications and actions that calendar is turned on. Mail works just fine....
  3. calendar app not showing missed notifications

calendar app not showing missed notifications: running win 10, build 18363.592 version of the calendar app for win 10, version 16005.12228.20410.0 i have been searching for a solution for weeks now.. nothing works.. if i create an event, and the computer is on when the appointment time is set to notify, the notification...
  4. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  5. iCloud calendar events now showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events now showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  6. Calendar notifications say private

Calendar notifications say private: Windows 10 1903, Ok, so, My desktop updated to 1903 a couple of weeks ago and it asked me to reconnect my calendars, etc... and now all of my imported google calendar events pop as "Private Event". So, the only way I know what the event entails is to click on the...
  7. Taskbar Calendar only showing certain events

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Calendar only showing certain events: I have recently synced Windows 10's calendar wit my Google Drive. On my old computer I was a frequent user of the task bar calendar. After syncing it on this device I have found that only events from certain folders on my google drive sync to the task bar calendar. I do not...
  8. Calendar events showing only dashed lines

Calendar events showing only dashed lines: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now have a minor but unwelcome problem with the calendar. When setting an event you get five choices in the Show As menu. No matter which one you choose, you only get a dashed line on the calendar instead of the colored...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Calendar app not showing in Notifications & actions

Windows 10 Pro Calendar app not showing in Notifications & actions: My Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) PC is running the Mail and Calendar apps. In Windows Settings >> System >> Notifications & actions >> Get notifications from these apps, the Mail app is showing, so I can edit the Mail notification options, but the...
  10. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Calendar app shows duplicate events: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it shows duplicate events. I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have it configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 calendar notification private event