Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I think what Cliff/Nigel is/are suggesting is that you set UAC to the default level to see if that has any effect on the issue. *ThumbsYep, Bill,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tiuernh, May 13, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

*ThumbsYep, Bill, that's what we meant, also to make sure it wasn't set all the way up.

Cliff S, May 31, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

Interesting thread.
    I'm subscribing to this one.

davidhk, May 31, 2016
  3. tiuernh Win User
    Hey guys so yeah, I lifted UAC all the way up, restarted, then back down. No changes to the calendar sadly lol.
    Still have about 20 junk calendars sitting in there while my Outlook browser is so clean.

tiuernh, May 31, 2016
  4. tiuernh Win User

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM [​IMG]

Here is an update of what my calendar currently looks like.. soo much junk lol because i've been trying to play around and troubleshoot, now i have SO many calendars on my windows 10 app that I CANT delete..

tiuernh, May 31, 2016
  5. There can be issues if UAC is NOT set to the default level. It seems as though you went all the way up to Always notify and then back down (to what?)

This is what was suggested

What happens if you de-select the unwanted calendars?

If neither of the above help, you might try uninstall / reinstall the communication Apps
    Wait on this though - I'll have to fire up the Win10 box to check a few things.

Other members might have the steps at hand.

Slartybart, May 31, 2016
  6. tiuernh Win User
    @Slartybart, just curious how does UAC have to do with anything with the calendar though? Because syncing events is fine, and adding calendars syncing is fine, but deleting is the issue.

However, I moved the UAC to the defualt one and selected ok, with no results I moved it back all the way down to the lowest level. "Never notify".

Also, de-select the unwanted calendar?
    I assume you mean on the windows 10 app, you deselect the box or untick the box? Nothing happens, it just doesn't show up on the monthly view then.

Issue sadly still isn't fixed. :C

tiuernh, May 31, 2016
  7. I'm not sure - but setting UAC to default has resolved many issues with UWP Apps. It was a thing to test - unfortunately it did not help with the issue your machine exhibits.

Ok, deselecting the Calendar didn't have any affect either *Sad
    The thought behind that was the Calendar App was hanging on to the Calendar because it was selected.

How did you set up Mail and Calendar account? I asked before, but I might have missed your answer - was it Exchange or Outlook.com?

I forgot to check on my Win10 box - sorry 'bout that. I'll try to remember next time I fire it up.
    I want to check the location of the Calendar App - uninstalling it might not be enough, you might have to rename the App folder to clear the configuration - not sure.

If you want to try uninstalling
    Make a backup of your profile (your User\loginName)
    The easiest thing is to just copy the entire folder to a safe location.

Create a Restore Point

Launch an elevated PowerShell
    Enter the following command line

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackageexit PowerShell
    Restart the machine

Launch the MS Store
    Re-install Mail and Calendar App (by Microsoft)
    Store My Library - Install Your Apps from in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If you have to reconfigure - pick Outlook.com when you set up an account type

I'd rather give a better step-by-step, but that will take a bit of time.
    I'd also like to understand the process to restore the Mail and Calendar config if needed.

Slartybart, May 31, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

If you guys allow me to express what I have got during my trials and errors ......

If a secondary calendar is created in outlook.com, it shows up in the modern calendar app in all the devices connected to that microsoft account. If it is altered/deleted using the installed outlook client (outlook.exe; as a part of Office 365 or standalone) that is installed to any of those devices, then it is altered/deleted in all the devices.
    I have not tried with OWA as neither me nor my workplace is a subscriber of 365. I believe that it will be the same as above.

If a calendar is deleted using the free mail account outlook.com (hotmail) and no sort of paid outlook is associated with that microsoft account, then the deletion of the calendar does not have any implication in the modern calendar app.

Removal of microsoft account does not work, as whenever the old account is assigned back, the secondary calendar comes back.

Outlook and Outlook.com are different animals, but it seems that if you pay for outlook, it enhances some capabilities of outlook.com as well.

I did not found any role of UAC here.

I am not saying that it is the conclusion, it is just what I found.

9. tiuernh Win User
    Hey, so yes I've answered that before I created my email account about lets say 10 years ago when the domain was "hotmail.com" so yes I'm sure its outlook.com. I have no idea what "exchange" is but I've had it before.

Also I've actually tried that already, multiple times in fact as mentioned in previous posts.
    Uninstalled using Powershell, and so on. Reset the microsoft store, then install. THEN install back, then it syncs back back to exactly to where I was with all the crap calendars.

tiuernh, Jun 1, 2016
  10. tiuernh Win User
    So.. What should I even do at this point? I AM not going to be a subcriber or premium member for microsoft at all. There has to be a way to fix this.. or the app is pretty much renderederd useless lol.

ALSO to mention i DONT know if this affects anything but.

I use Outlook.com on GOOGLE CHROME.
    I use Outlook app on iPhone 5S iOS.
    I use WINDOS 10 Calendar, connected to Outlook.com
    NO SYNCING PROBLEMS WITH ADDING EVENTS IN ANY WAY. With the exception of deleting calendars, I have problems.

Just wanna put that out there .

tiuernh, Jun 1, 2016
  11. I understand that your eMail server is Hotmail, that's not what I was asking. Ms doesn't help with it's terminology - I was asking about the protocol you use to connect to Outlook.com (that's why I posted the picture .. guess that wasn't much help)

The image really doesn't show protocols either - what ti shows is MS's attempt to make things easier. They're basically templates with the protocol (usually IMAP) and the server's requirements (address, port, SSL, etc).

There were Mail app releases where the available options changed - eventually they added Outlook.com (or it was there, the removed it, and they added it back). I know this because, in testing, I picked Exchange - it let me get to outlook.com mail, but I couldn't affect any changes - it was sort of locked.

Yeah, sorry about that - I read your thread again and saw that you have tried an uninstall and a reinstall.

What exact Powershell command did you use? There are two methods

This doesn't really uninstall the app
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    This really does:
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    Before attempting the next steps
    Backup your user folder
    create a Restore point

Navigate to %LocalAppdata% (you can copy the %variable% string and paste it in the address box of File Explorer)
    Rename the Comms folder to Comms-x

Now reinstall the Mail and Calendar app

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2016
  12. tiuernh Win User
    Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one.
    Also,

This really does:Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    Doesn't work for me.

This doesn't really uninstall the appGet-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Works for me dont know why, I am using powershell as ADMIN.

So yeah, it uninstalled the mail and calendar app and I reinstalled. My account was listed there already as outlook then i click it, then it pretty much brings me exactly back to where I was.

tiuernh, Jun 1, 2016
  13. Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

did you also rename the Comms folder?

+edit
    What exact Powershell command did you use?
    windowscommunicationsapps and the mail and calendar one should be the same thing

Try these commands in an elevated PowerShell

Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps*
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"}

Copy the results and paste it on your thread - thanks-edit

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I have no idea till now, mate. I have failed to find a feasible solution that is applicable in your environment.
    I will try some alternatives like thunderbird. If I can find a solution, I will definitely post it for you.

15. tiuernh Win User
    Lol sorry, I don't understand what "exact powershell" command you mean.
    I presssed windows key, and typed in Powershell, Windows Powershell in ADMIN mode.

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Windows\system32>
    >> Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps*
    >> Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"}

Name : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps
    Publisher : CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
    Architecture : X64
    ResourceId :
    Version : 17.6868.41141.0
    PackageFullName : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6868.41141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6868.41141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    IsFramework : False
    PackageFamilyName : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PublisherId : 8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PackageUserInformation : {S-1-5-21-2564120282-854636996-3726812112-1001 [NAMEb]: Installed}
    IsResourcePackage : False
    IsBundle : False
    IsDevelopmentMode : False
    PS C:\Windows\system32>

Doesnt seem to work, i still have the calendar and mail app installed.
    Also cant change comms folder name, says the folder is in use.

tiuernh, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM - Similar Threads - Calendar App OUTLOOK

2. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  3. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  4. Calendar App outlook

Calendar App outlook: Why am I unable to copy and paste Google meet , zoom links from calendar app to my web browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-app-outlook/4b0faa5e-95a0-4aa1-a149-d5a2fb654c44
  5. Calendar in Outlook App on Windows 10

Calendar in Outlook App on Windows 10: I would like to give Feedback without using the Feedback Hub. For the Windows 10 Office 365 Outlook App, it would be great to add the weekday when receiving a calendar invite. Currently it only says the date and the time in the reading pane preview....
  6. windows 10 outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 outlook calendar: In Outlook somehow a second Calendar was created. How do I get rid of it? Also when I click on Calendar to display my normal Calendar, the screen shows a listing of appointments (not a standard calendar with dates, etc.) How do I get the default to look like a standard...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar: Is there a procedure for syncing the calendar app in Win 10 with the Outlook 2013 calendar? I have been trying to sync my calendar in Outlook 2013 with my Blackberry Z30 in Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. So far I can only sync Windows 10 contacts with my BB Z30....
  9. How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.

How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.: How can I export my Outlook 2016 calendar to W10's Calendar app? I have tried saving the Outlook Calendar to an ICS file and then opening that file by right clicking on it to open it with the calendar app but it shows up with "busy" for each event. Can someone help me...
  10. Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App

Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App: Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all the information from my...