Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar app stopped syncing

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar app stopped syncing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected Outlook account on my laptop via my Google account to the Motorola G5s Plus phone. I didn’t face any issue with synchronization a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TylerWeinhold, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Calendar app stopped syncing

I connected Outlook account on my laptop via my Google account to the Motorola G5s Plus phone. I didn’t face any issue with synchronization a while ago. In January the calendar stopped syncing though Mail and Contacts still can update between devices

:)

TylerWeinhold, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Mail & Calendar app on Windows 10

If there are no error messages, check on the article below, and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

Let us know if the issue persists.

Mel Tar, Feb 14, 2019
  3. calendar sync?

IT might be helpful if you describe the steps you're taking to try and sync the calendars. I'm not sure where eMail might come into the picture.

Also describe your goal as clearly as possible. you're trying to sync a calendar on the iPhone with the Calendar App on Win10, not a calendar in an eMail client?

ical seems to be the canonical calendar format for apple - not sure - just a guess.

Slartybart, Feb 14, 2019
  4. s427 Win User

Windows 10 Calendar app stopped syncing

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

Windows 10 Calendar app stopped syncing

1. Windows 10 Calendar app stopped syncing - Similar Threads - Calendar app stopped

2. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  3. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  4. Windows 10 Calendar App Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Calendar App Syncing Issues: The Windows Calendar App downloads all the events from my icloud calendar correctly. But it can't seem to write in my icloud calendar. Example: I create an event in the Windows Calendar App. It is shown in the Windows Calendar App correctly (as an event in my icloud...
  5. Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail

Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail: About moth ago in the end of april my Win10 Mail/Calendar apps stopped syncing with my Gmail account. I checked on my other laptop, which is the same laptop with same software installedWin10,McAffe, except some games, and here Gmail is syncing ok. So why it stopped on the...
  6. Windows 10 calendar suddenly stop showing synced calendar and events

Windows 10 calendar suddenly stop showing synced calendar and events: Hi, I'm a Windows Calendar together with Google Calendar user for many many year. During most of this time I added the events to my Gmail account and edited then in the Windows Calendar. However, today, for no reason whatsoever, the calendars from Gmail disappeared. I've...
  7. Sync Calendar app with yahoo calendar

Sync Calendar app with yahoo calendar: Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 for the second time, had to upgrade computer when display was no longer supported. First time around I got this to work, but now I have the mail app working fine, but the calendar app does not sync. I have tried deleting my yahoo...
  8. Syncing calendar apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing calendar apps: Is it possible to sync calendar apps? For instance, on my phone, I have a family calendar app and I have it set up to sync to my regular phone/Google calendar. Is there a way to do this on my laptop as well?...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar app suddenly stopped syncing with Moto g5s+

Windows 10 Calendar app suddenly stopped syncing with Moto g5s+: I have my laptop Outlook account connected through my Google account to my Motorola G5s Plus phone. For the last year Mail, Contacts and Calendar synced between phone and laptop (Dell XPS 15 Windows 10) just fine. Suddenly, (between JAN 1-5, 2019) the calendar stopped...
  10. Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar

Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar: Hello, I use live.com for email, Windows 10 for my laptop, and Android for my smart phone. I have some events saved on my Google Calendar and some events saved on my Windows 10 Calendar app. I'd like the two synced so I followed these directions (How to use Google Calendar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook calendar stopped syncing to iphone

2. outlook calendar not synching with o365

3. windows 10 calendar not syncing to android

4. sync apple calendar with windows 10