Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I enter new events into my Google Calendar using the Windows 10 Calendar App on my laptop, the app uses the wrong time zone and the event shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Griddes, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Griddes Win User

Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events

When I enter new events into my Google Calendar using the Windows 10 Calendar App on my laptop, the app uses the wrong time zone and the event shows up on my other devices as a hour off. I am in the Pacific Time Zone and the event shows up in my Google Calendar as on Mountain Time. It does NOT happen in the other direction. If I enter an event into my Google Calendar app on my phone, it shows up correctly in my Windows 10 Calendar App on my laptop.

I have tried/double-checked everything. Time zone is correct on all devices and my laptop. Time zone is correct on on Outlook Online account. I have reset the Mail/Calendar app, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Mail/Calendar app multiple times. Nothing works. What is the fix?

:)

Griddes, Nov 20, 2020
  2. B. Parker Win User

Calendar Events Appear with the Wrong Time Zone

When my wife adds an event to her Shared Calendar from her 950XL, the events show up on our Office 2016 Calendars with the incorrect time and from Monrovia, Reykjavik.

If she enters an event into the same Shared Calendar from her computer, in Office 2016, then the time zone and time is correct.

I've confirmed that her Windows Phone, both our computers and both of our Microsoft Accounts all report that they're located in the correct time zone.

So, I'm not sure why the events keep coming up in the Reykjavik time zone.

Suggestions?

B. Parker, Nov 20, 2020
  3. FPaulo Win User
    Calendar showing up in wrong time zone

For me the thing is even worse... here is the behavior in Windows 8.1, in Summer things where fine, but not that there is the Winter time things are crazy (Time Zone: Portugal)

1 - if I *create* an event in my phone say 11:00 AM then it shows up correctly in Google Calendar (web), but after a few seconds the event in the phone shows up at 10:00 AM.

1.1 - if I edit the event in Google Calendar (web), the event updates in the next sync on the phone in the wrong time zone

1.2 - if I edit the event in the phone, the wrong time zone issue persists.

but here is the real caveat:

2 - if I *create* the event in Google Calendar (web) then everything works fine

2.1 - the event shows up correctly in the phone

2.2 - I can edit the event in the phone and it will show up correctly in both calendars

2.3 - I can edit the event in Google Calendar (web) and it will show up correctly in both calendars

If the even is created in Google Calendar with time zones the phone handles them correctly and keeps the basic timezone information between edits.

This basically means that for me the "+" button in my Windows phone Calendar Application is useless in the Winter Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events :p

FPaulo, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events

Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

I'm in the US pacific time zone, using windows 10 calendar and google calendar. Everything was working fine until daylight savings ended last week, now when I add an event to my windows calendar it looks correct locally but comes up as mountain time in google
    calendar, and all my google calendar events are showing up on windows 10 as if I were in mountain time.

I checked the time/date settings and it is definitely set to pacific time, no DST, etc. Tried turning automatic time zone on and off to no effect.

Google calendar is set up to use pacific time zone as well. No problems there.

Any suggestions?

uberpotato, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events

1. Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events - Similar Threads - Calendar App using

2. Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar: I feel like similar things have been asked before but I can't seem to get it fixed. I am on Windows 10. I have synced my Windows Calendar app with my Google Calendar. At first, there were no problems, but ever since daylight savings time occurred in my time zone minus one...
  3. my windows calendar app makes meetings in the wrong time zone

my windows calendar app makes meetings in the wrong time zone: Hi - my windows calendar app makes meetings in the wrong time zone - help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-calendar-app-makes-meetings-in-the/6f8991d1-3b74-4822-811e-d4274d59a65c
  4. Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?: I'm in the US pacific time zone, using windows 10 calendar and google calendar. Everything was working fine until daylight savings ended last week, now when I add an event to my windows calendar it looks correct locally but comes up as mountain time in google calendar, and...
  5. Can't add new calendar to calendars app??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new calendar to calendars app??: So I'm trying to add my school schedule to my Windows 10 calendar through URL. I open the calendar app and click "Add calendars" and then it just shows the loading screen with "Powered by Bing" on the bottom. I can wait for hours and nothing happens. submitted by /u/rmychvr...
  6. Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone: I know this is possible in Outlook but in Windows 10 Mail, when creating an event I'm not seeing the ability to set the time zone for that specific calendar event. Is it possible?...
  7. Wrong 'Time Zone'

Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  8. Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10: Hi guys! In the new way to add events in Win 10 calendar app, you don't seem to be able to set a default account. Is there any way to see a fix for it? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  9. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b
  10. Windows 10 time zone always wrong.

Windows 10 time zone always wrong.: My pc time is always wrong and i cant change my time zone. I have turned set time zone automatically off and tried several ways to fix it but it still doesn't work. Can i get some help?...