Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar creates events in wrong timezone

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar creates events in wrong timezone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my Google Calendar and Outlook calendar synced into the Windows 10 Calendar app. Whenever I make a new calendar event on my Google Calendar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LaviniaJames, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Calendar creates events in wrong timezone

I have my Google Calendar and Outlook calendar synced into the Windows 10 Calendar app.

Whenever I make a new calendar event on my Google Calendar within the Windows 10 Calendar app, it is created with the wrong timezone. I have confirmed this by viewing the events in the web version of Google Calendar: all other events use my default timezone GMT +8, but the events made in the Windows 10 Calendar use GMT +11.

I have confirmed that Google Calendar is set to only GMT+8. This is also true for the Windows date and time settings and region settings. This is also true for the Outlook settings.

I have tried disabling "set the time automatically" and then re-enabling it, as suggested elsewhere, to no effect.

Given that Windows 10, Outlook, and Google Calendar are all using the correct timezone settings, the problem must reside in the Windows 10 Calendar app. However this app has no timezone settings as far as I can see - not even for individual events!

How can I make sure that events created in the Win10 Calendar app use the correct timezone?

:)

LaviniaJames, Nov 20, 2020

2. New event added in a wrong day in Calendar

Hi,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using same Microsoft account configured on both the devices?
    • Were you able to create any other events for different dates and check if the issue persists?
    • Does the same issue persists when you try to create event on website and try to sync this on Calendar app?

If you are using same Microsoft account on both the devices, follow the troubleshooting steps below on computer and check if it syncs on phone as well.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Remove the account from Calendar app, re-add and check if it helps.

Refer: Calendar app help

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of crated events on Calendar app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 20, 2020
  3. datamath Win User
    changing timezones shifts calendar events (N93, E61)

Let me give an example to explain better.

If i've arranged a meeting in New York for 1400hrs (and added a calendar event for 1400hrs) and then fly from UK to New York, I would normally change my phone timezone to the local timezone on arrival, so for example, 1300hrs GMT arriving in New York my timezone
    would slip back 5 hrs to a local time of 0800hrs.

On opening the phone's calendar, a window then announces that 'time zone changed, calendar entries updated', and hey presto my 1400hrs meeting (and everything else in the calendar) has gone forward 5hrs to 0900hrs.

The event *should* remain at 1400hrs, not to have shifted just because I have changed the time zone of the phone. My Treo never did this, it's quite annoying.

datamath, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Calendar creates events in wrong timezone

Google calendar event times are shown as -1h

Summary:

When I create a new event in the built in WP8 calendar app to a Google calendar the time of the event is being displayed as one hour earlier.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a new event in calendar. Choose one of the Google calendars configured (I have two configured in my phone). Set time as 2013/07/17 16:00. Save the event.

Expected behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00.

Observed behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00 for a few seconds. It then automatically changes to 2013/07/17 15:00.

Other notes:

• I have two Google calendars configured. I can observe the same misbehavior on both.
    • I also have a Microsoft (@hotmail.com) calendar configured. This works as expected.
    • When I log into my Google calendar using a web browser, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and sync my Google account directly, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and use it simply as an interface to the built in WP calendar the time is off again showing 2013/07/17 15:00.
    • The timezone on my WP is set to (UTC) London.
    • I started noticing this perhaps a week ago. It was working as expected before.
    • Phone model is Nokia Lumia 925
    • Phone OS version is 8.0.10327.77

Notes 1-6 suggests to me that the internal calendaring module in WP8 fails to recognize DST (daylight saving time) in timezone (UTC) London or misinterprets relevant information fields on Google calendar objects.

Note 7 suggests to me that this is related to an update to my WP8 phone or a change in Google calendar API.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving me rather nuts.

Thanks,

Kaarel

kaarelsaal---01, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Calendar creates events in wrong timezone

1. Windows 10 Calendar creates events in wrong timezone - Similar Threads - Calendar creates events

2. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  3. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  4. Events I creat on windows 10 calendar does't show in google calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Events I creat on windows 10 calendar does't show in google calendar: it's work the other way arround tho.... events I create on google calendar show up in the windows calnedar one submitted by /u/ChargeEnvironmental6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgt3ro/events_i_creat_on_windows_10_calendar_doest_show/
  5. Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar: I feel like similar things have been asked before but I can't seem to get it fixed. I am on Windows 10. I have synced my Windows Calendar app with my Google Calendar. At first, there were no problems, but ever since daylight savings time occurred in my time zone minus one...
  6. Calendar app on Windows 10 not showing events created on iPhone/iCloud.

Calendar app on Windows 10 not showing events created on iPhone/iCloud.: Hello All, Kindly help me here if anyone else has faced similar issue and have been able to resolve the same. On my windows 10 machine, I'm syncing my mails, calendars & contacts with Mail, Calendar & People apps respectively. Everything except one, is working like charm....
  7. Timezone resets to wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timezone resets to wrong location: Hi, I have an issue with multiple (5) Windows 10 PCs in an office in Australia (Newcastle) where the timezone changes to Brisbane, (1 hour different). Changing the time zone manually then reverts after reboot. The Maps app sees the PCs being in Brisbane which is I assume...
  8. Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar deletes newly created future events

Windows 10 Calendar deletes newly created future events: I just started trying out the new Windows 10 mail and calendar app. I synced it to my google account and I can see events on the calendar. However, when I try and create future events (specifically after 1/24/2016) they disappear after 2 seconds. I do see them on my google...
  10. Cannot create a new event in Calendar App

Cannot create a new event in Calendar App: Hi, I can't find anyone else with this problem anywhere on the internet. My calendar app opens fine. I did the setup with adding accounts and I can view the calendar perfectly in any way I want (by month, day, etc.). As far as I can tell, everything is working except for...