Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera app can't get video. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can take photos fine, but when I take a video, the screen turns black for a second and stops the video. It does show the video in the Photos app, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lara De Nardo Henning, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.

I can take photos fine, but when I take a video, the screen turns black for a second and stops the video. It does show the video in the Photos app, but tells me, "We can't open this file, it looks like it was renamed or moved." I didn't do anything to it.

:)

Lara De Nardo Henning, Mar 23, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 23, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 CAMERA APP NOT WORKING

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If you are referring to the Camera app then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 23, 2019
  4. KatrineCY Win User

Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.

1. Windows 10 Camera app can't get video. - Similar Threads - Camera app can't

2. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  3. Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?: When trying to record music using the Camera app on Windows 10, using either the built-in microphone or a USB microphone, the sound of a long note is truncated. It is as if the app is codified for speech. Is there any way to allow me to record the sound the microphone hears?...
  4. Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working: Starting yesterday afternoon, the sound while recording a video on the Windows 10 Camera App stopped working. Was working in the morning, then it stopped. I didn't change any settings that I can recall. I've installed another camera app and the sound on the video recording...
  5. Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio: [ATTACH] Info about my system: Computer: 10 year old Dell Inspiron 1564 Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS build: 19041.388 Camera app version: 2020.504.40.0 Earlier this day, I was recording a clip of my 1983 Sanyo boombox playing a cassette tape, with...
  6. camera app not working for video

camera app not working for video: The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working. When you try to record, the timer sometimes starts but the image freezes. Then when you click stop, nothing is saved. I've tried...
  7. Microsoft surface camera video app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft surface camera video app: HI. I go to my MS Surface camera app and take photos fine. But when I switch to Video and press the icon to film, it flashes a big red square in the icon box and does nothing. I just want to film!...
  8. Windows 10 Camera App fluctuates brightness recording video

Windows 10 Camera App fluctuates brightness recording video: I have a new Dell 2 in 1 laptop. When I try to record video with the Camera App the brightness keeps fluctuating from dark to light to dark. Does anyone know how to stop or fix this? Or, can you suggest another recording App or software? I record performance video...
  9. Unable to record video in Camera app

Unable to record video in Camera app: I am unable to record video in my camera app.I don't know why?But i can take a snap in it. ***Original Title: Camera app issue*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-record-video-in-camera-app/56be50bb-4082-4d78-a6de-3055e7db00ad
  10. can't find the camera app in windows 10

can't find the camera app in windows 10: can't find the camera app in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/cant-find-the-camera-app-in-windows-10/7a15ef1a-1530-4da2-9b07-c43b225206e5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get Windows Camera

2. my in built camera is found what should i do and what steps should i fellow

3. windows 10 camera app video

4. windows camera not recording video