Windows 10: Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that...

Discus and support Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that shows " It looks like another app is using the camera already"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Admin of Office365, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that...

Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that shows " It looks like another app is using the camera already" error code 0xA00F4288I have already uninstalled all camera drivers. then rebootedI reset the camera app in the app settings. then rebooted. other alternative camera app in the store did not work either. None of the above options work.This is a Dell Latitude 5410 Windows 10 Pro on domain. Dell Command update and Windows updates have all been updated as well. Also reinstalled full driver library on Dell Command Update.

:)

Admin of Office365, Jul 30, 2021

2. error message when opening camera app

Hello Gary,

There are several possible reasons why you are receiving an error message when you open the camera app on your device one of it is a hardware issue. For us to be able to isolate your concern, kindly answer these questions:

• Are you receiving an error code aside from the message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    camera not opening

Hello,

We understand that after a Windows 10 update, your camera stopped working properly. This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting an error message whenever you try to open photos or start the camera?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes on your Windows 10 camera.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that...

Windows 10 Camera App Not Opening, no error message

Hi Cameron,

I would suggest you to follow the methods below
    and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the app troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the following link and check.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 2: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon
      “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check id it helps.

Fix Windows Camera app problems with PC cameras

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

You may refer to the below link and check I it helps.

Windows camera, microphone, and privacy

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with camera app. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that...

1. Windows 10 camera app does not start when trying to open it. Get the error message that... - Similar Threads - camera app does

2. Camera error camera starts but does not stay on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera error camera starts but does not stay on: I am trying to use my camera on my dell laptop for Teams meetings and it does not turn on. When i go to settings there is an error picture of a square with a diagonal line through it and to the left of the square is and inverted equilateral triangle. I tried to copy the error...
  3. Camera error camera starts but does not stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera error camera starts but does not stay on: I am trying to use my camera on my dell laptop for Teams meetings and it does not turn on. When i go to settings there is an error picture of a square with a diagonal line through it and to the left of the square is and inverted equilateral triangle. I tried to copy the error...
  4. Camera error camera starts but does not stay on

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error messager when trying to open downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error messager when trying to open downloads: Until today, I was always able to open up any and all downloads. I mainly have images saved so far, as this is a new computer for me. When I choose which file I want to download and press OPEN or SELECT, an errror message pops up and says, "media is write protected." Then...
  6. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.: Ultimately I am attempting to install a game. There is not enough room on my c: drive to do this so I go to change the app install location and it tells me there are app's from another device installed on D: drive would you like to remove them to install. I click yes I get...
  7. Camera App on Windows 10 is not opening - Getting this error code:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera App on Windows 10 is not opening - Getting this error code:...: Hello Microsoft Community, I am getting this error code with my camera and cannot open it. I have uninstalled, checked all updates, updated, restarted etc. also tried trouble shooting Firewall etc. Still getting this. Appreciate any help! Thanks, Monica [ATTACH]...
  8. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  9. Error message when trying to open photos

Error message when trying to open photos: I just downloaded some photos from Google Photos and now my computer won't let me open any photos to view them, it says: "The operation was not completed because an unexpected host ID was encountered." I downloaded the Google Photo app recently before this started happening....
  10. Windows 10 Getting error message that file is corrupt when trying to open .NET 35 in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Getting error message that file is corrupt when trying to open .NET 35 in...: I need .Net 35 in order to run a program but keep getting error messages every time I try to open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-getting-error-message-that-file-is/1828446a-0bdc-4f07-8f5e-6a56a37bf53b