Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HI, There is a simple scenario, a USB camera connect to a PC and the Camera APP preview for long time. After about dozens(sometimes hundreds) of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vine (vine), Mar 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.

HI,

There is a simple scenario, a USB camera connect to a PC and the Camera APP preview for long time.

After about dozens(sometimes hundreds) of hours, the Camera probably get frozen.

The UVC frame format is mjpeg.

I find 2 conditions of this issue.

1. It will not occurs without using MediaCapture.AddVideoEffectAsync, just preview by using MediaCapture.StartPreviewAsync.

2. When USB device isochronous transfers drops one packet, part of jpeg frame, it happens.

Accrod to the USB Specification, The timely delivery of isochronous data is ensured at the expense of potential transient losses in the data
    stream.

So whether there is any bug in Windows.Media.Capture? And any way to walk around the camera frozen issue?

:)

Vine (vine), Mar 5, 2019

2. Camera app not working on Windows 10

Hello Phoebe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Does it give any error message?

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and select the same from the list

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list

* Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

* Click Next and finish the troubleshooting by following the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows
    Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera. [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Mar 5, 2019
  4. goblinbox Win User

Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.

Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.

1. Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera. - Similar Threads - Camera APP preview

2. Camera app not showing preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app not showing preview: The camera light doesn’t turn on when I open the camera app, so it just shows me a grey screen. No error message appears. But when I click the button to take a picture, it works. I just can’t see the preview. It very suddenly happened. My camera app was working fine just a...
  3. Camera app not showing preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app not showing preview: The camera light doesn’t turn on when I open the camera app, so it just shows me a grey screen. No error message appears. But when I click the button to take a picture, it works. I just can’t see the preview. It very suddenly happened. My camera app was working fine just a...
  4. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  5. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  6. Is there a way to use a WiFi camera with the Camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to use a WiFi camera with the Camera app.: We have some feeders for the local humming birds that we like to take videos of. We can use a wired camera but it is attached to only one computer. We would like to have a WiFi connection to Camera so we do not have a wire. . Or is there another app to solve this....
  7. Camera app USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app USB: I plugged in a new Creative Plug and Play Camera into a USB hub. My old cheap micro camera was still in there as well. It didn't show in the USB eject, so I shut down and pulled it and restarted. Now when I turn on Camera with only the Creative in I still get this error....
  8. APP using the camera,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    APP using the camera,...: Camera states it is being used by "another APP." How to identify and turn that APP off,...I've tried the normal processes via Settings, etc., to no avail? It is inhibiting me from using the camera for other purposes, interviews, etc....
  9. Unable to use USB camera

Unable to use USB camera: I have installed windows media feature pack of N & KN version. In the device manager I see the message that tells me my Camera Driver is updated and camera device is working properly. Issues: 1. When I try to open Windows Camera, it says "Please install Windows Media...
  10. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620

Users found this page by searching for:

1. froze usb camera