Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With my new thinkpad I was playing around with the Camera app and like many others, observed no difference in the settings displayed by the app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RB16, Dec 1, 2020.

1. RB16 Win User

Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

With my new thinkpad I was playing around with the Camera app and like many others, observed no difference in the settings displayed by the app.

Disappointed by the total lack of any documentation on this app. or on the Pro mode options, which is a little surprising given you would expect there to be some "this is how you use this app" style of documentation around.

From reading the comments of others, I wondered if part of the problem was that the Camera app supplied with Windows 10 only supported the basic functions and that enabling Pro mode required a download from the Microsoft Store.

Looking at the information in the Microsoft Store listing for the Camera, I wonder if part of the issue is that the app is being too clever and thus only displaying those options supported by the detected webcam/camera. My camera is a 720p and I note from the Store description many features are only available with 1080p or greater resolution cameras and hence you could reason there is no value in displaying Pro mode options that aren't available. However, there should be in the Settings a list of Pro Mode features and an indication of whether they are or are not supported by the selecvted webcam/camera.

So it would be helpful if anyone who has a selection of webcams including one with 1080p or greater resolution could conduct a small experiment.

:)

RB16, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

My webcam is using the Camera app as its own "settings", in which whenever I change something in the Camera app, it also changes in this webcam (Increase brightness, for example). However, it says Pro mode is turned on but I don't see it the options on
    the left side. I restarted my PC, reset my camera, and restarted my camera and none of these work. Is there is some kind of update that I haven't installed?

Gene Andrei Manacop, Dec 1, 2020
  3. KatrineCY Win User
    download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

1. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing - Similar Threads - Camera App Pro

2. Windows 10 Camera app without Pro Mode options, other than the brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Camera app without Pro Mode options, other than the brightness slider: Hi thereI have been looking for a solution to my problem for hours. When I open my Camera app on my laptop Windows 10, HP ProBook 450 G3 base model notebook PC, with HP HD camera integrated, the image is overexposed and the only setting available is that of brightness slider....
  3. Windows 10 Camera app without Pro Mode options, other than the brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera app without Pro Mode options, other than the brightness slider: Hi thereI have been looking for a solution to my problem for hours. When I open my Camera app on my laptop Windows 10, HP ProBook 450 G3 base model notebook PC, with HP HD camera integrated, the image is overexposed and the only setting available is that of brightness slider....
  4. Windows 10 Camera app without Pro Mode options, other than the brightness slider

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 802.11n connection not appearing in wirless mode options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    802.11n connection not appearing in wirless mode options: I'm trying to change back to 802.11n as my current connection 802.11ac and all the others are very unstable and disconect me very often, the only problem is I haven't found a way to connect. I have tried the reset options in the network option of windows, uninstalling and re...
  6. Barcode option in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Barcode option in Camera app: I heard there is a new feature in WINDOWS camera application called 'BarCode'I can't wait to have this feature into my camera application. Someone on YouTube says he can use it without installing any third part application....
  7. Barcode option in Camera app

Barcode option in Camera app: I heard there is a new feature in WINDOWS camera application called 'BarCode'I can't wait to have this feature into my camera application. Someone on YouTube says he can use it without installing any third part application....
  8. Barcode option in Camera app

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. camera app not working in windows 10 pro+

camera app not working in windows 10 pro+: camera app not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working-in-windows-10-pro/de3818e2-7cbc-4c69-897b-9bf08f0f7dc5
  10. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing: My webcam is using the Camera app as its own "settings", in which whenever I change something in the Camera app, it also changes in this webcam Increase brightness, for example. However, it says Pro mode is turned on but I don't see it the options on the left side. I...