Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With my new thinkpad I was playing around with the Camera app and like many others, observed no difference in the settings displayed by the app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RB16, Dec 1, 2020.

1. RB16 Win User

Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

With my new thinkpad I was playing around with the Camera app and like many others, observed no difference in the settings displayed by the app.

Disappointed by the total lack of any documentation on this app. or on the Pro mode options, which is a little surprising given you would expect there to be some "this is how you use this app" style of documentation around.

From reading the comments of others, I wondered if part of the problem was that the Camera app supplied with Windows 10 only supported the basic functions and that enabling Pro mode required a download from the Microsoft Store.

Looking at the information in the Microsoft Store listing for the Camera, I wonder if part of the issue is that the app is being too clever and thus only displaying those options supported by the detected webcam/camera. My camera is a 720p and I note from the Store description many features are only available with 1080p or greater resolution cameras and hence you could reason there is no value in displaying Pro mode options that aren't available. However, there should be in the Settings a list of Pro Mode features and an indication of whether they are or are not supported by the selecvted webcam/camera.

So it would be helpful if anyone who has a selection of webcams including one with 1080p or greater resolution could conduct a small experiment.

:)

RB16, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

My webcam is using the Camera app as its own "settings", in which whenever I change something in the Camera app, it also changes in this webcam (Increase brightness, for example). However, it says Pro mode is turned on but I don't see it the options on
    the left side. I restarted my PC, reset my camera, and restarted my camera and none of these work. Is there is some kind of update that I haven't installed?

Gene Andrei Manacop, Dec 1, 2020
  3. KatrineCY Win User
    download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

1. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing - Similar Threads - Camera App Pro

2. My Camera app opens but no image appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Camera app opens but no image appears: Hi, So my problens this is it image. I have try reinstall this drivers of app and uninstall and install again but nothing resolves. I'm not speak english very good, so forgive me for any mistakes. And thanks for help!! [ATTACH]...
  3. camera app not working in windows 10 pro+

camera app not working in windows 10 pro+: camera app not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working-in-windows-10-pro/de3818e2-7cbc-4c69-897b-9bf08f0f7dc5
  4. No login box appearing Windows 10 Pro. Safe mode is working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No login box appearing Windows 10 Pro. Safe mode is working.: Dear Team, We have a Windows 10 Pro 1809 installed on one of our corporate laptops. It has installed through corporate MDT. We removed the Laptop from the domain and used it for another purpose. However, after some days it started showing "Windows needs to activate". We...
  5. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing: My webcam is using the Camera app as its own "settings", in which whenever I change something in the Camera app, it also changes in this webcam Increase brightness, for example. However, it says Pro mode is turned on but I don't see it the options on the left side. I...
  6. Minecraft windows 10 option not appearing

Minecraft windows 10 option not appearing: Hi, So, recently i went to the official minecraft website to try and download minecraft. It let me log in to my old account, and showed me download options for the game. When i went to download the game for windows, it worked and was installed onto my computer. However,...
  7. Windows 10: Skype does not appear in apps that can use camera

Windows 10: Skype does not appear in apps that can use camera: Hello, The screenshot shows my Privacy settings page for the Camera. Skype does not appear on here, so is not able to use my camera. If I run Skype as Administrator, then it can use the camera. This is not optimal. How can I allow Skype access to my camera? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 apps not appearing

Windows 10 apps not appearing: Installed 10 about a month ago and still getting used to it and like it overall. However, once in a while when starting up the apps do not appear on the bottom. The shortcuts are there and are somewhat usuable. In additon, I can't get the computer to shut down normally as...
  9. How make Compatibility Mode for apps in Windows 10 appear at will?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How make Compatibility Mode for apps in Windows 10 appear at will?: I am just now struggling in the learning-curve of migrating from Windows 7 to 10. It can be trying. But on the whole I think I am a new fan. The issue for this post is how to set compatibility mode for (older) apps in Windows 10. I finally, after a couple of aborted tries...
  10. No window appearing with "Open with" option

in Windows 10 Support
    No window appearing with "Open with" option: Hi Community, Running Windows 10 and whenever I tried and right click a file and select "Open with" I don't that that small window to appear and show me what apps to select. The window where the file is on loses focus but nothing happens until I click or press a key. Is...