Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Info about my system: Computer: 10 year old Dell Inspiron 1564 Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS build: 19041.388 Camera app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Moonwalker2005, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio K4VmOGwPaQqBt7Oy00_EUemRm802xq6XICkk4eeMP3M.jpg

Info about my system:

Computer: 10 year old Dell Inspiron 1564

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 2004

OS build: 19041.388

Camera app version: 2020.504.40.0

Earlier this day, I was recording a clip of my 1983 Sanyo boombox playing a cassette tape, with uploading that clip to YouTube in mind. The recording process itself went smoothly, but, when I started playing back the video clip, I noticed something was slightly off.

Checking the video file properties, I found this:

https://preview.redd.it/ur4orfqo3hc...bp&s=e7f8706e522f110f6aad1ff8777e273b390b0b7c

It's recording video clips with mono audio, even though the line-in signal was in Stereo.

My question is...how can I get the app to record videos with Stereo audio?

I know it's not the hardware at fault, since I have recorded audio clips in the past with Audacity, and those came out in stereo.

The odd thing is, I can record video clips in stereo with my desktop PC, and those are also at a higher sample rate:

https://preview.redd.it/9vmlz5aiimc...bp&s=f668bf274d5047bb4d969bc33841086e3cf21f7d

EDIT: Okay, it seems that my desktop now records in mono as well. The example I showed above was from January 5, 2020, so that might explain something.

While searching the web, I did find some complaints about microphone recording only coming out of one side, so that might've caused Microsoft Devs to force mono recording in the camera app or something. I'll probably have to find another program if this doesn't get fixed in an update or something.

submitted by /u/Moonwalker2005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Moonwalker2005, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

ricecrispies, Jul 30, 2020
  3. novaXire Win User
    App for record audio only in stereo (with the same quality as Lumia Camera)

Hi,

I search a good audio recording app to record in stereo, all the app i tried record in mono.

When i use Lumia Camera for video (on my Nokia Lumia 1020), the sound is in stere. Why it seems that no app can record with the same quality?

Thanks!

novaXire, Jul 30, 2020
  4. User11123 Win User

Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

The Camera app not recording audio with video

I do not use this app often so I font know when it started and yes the software is up to date and in the software provided by logitech and also some other software record videos with audio but only the camera app does not record audio

User11123, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

1. Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio - Similar Threads - Camera app records

2. Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10: So, F'ing tired of Microsoft products that work one day and not the other. Yes I have tried all of the proposed fixes and NONE of them work.The camera is not recording video. When the video record button is pressed it blinks, then stops recording and creates a file that can't...
  3. Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10: So, F'ing tired of Microsoft products that work one day and not the other. Yes I have tried all of the proposed fixes and NONE of them work.The camera is not recording video. When the video record button is pressed it blinks, then stops recording and creates a file that can't...
  4. Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app and Zoom won't record audio: I can't get the Camera App or Zoom to record my audio. When I test the audio on Zoom, I can see that the device is picking up the sound, but for some reason, I cannot get it to record. I tried the troubleshooting advice I found here. All the drivers are current, and all the...
  5. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  6. Camera not recording audio in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not recording audio in Windows 10: When I record a video using my laptop cam and play it back there is no audio. It seems to work just fine when I am in a Zoom meeting and I have run the troubleshooters with no success. Can you help?...
  7. Windows 10 Camera App fluctuates brightness recording video

Windows 10 Camera App fluctuates brightness recording video: I have a new Dell 2 in 1 laptop. When I try to record video with the Camera App the brightness keeps fluctuating from dark to light to dark. Does anyone know how to stop or fix this? Or, can you suggest another recording App or software? I record performance video...
  8. Can't Record Mono Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Record Mono Audio: Hello! I'll try and make this short. I'm trying to record mono audio from my microphone, but it only records the left I did the following: I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording > and then I chose the microphone I'm using. When I select it and...
  9. Unable to record video in Camera app

Unable to record video in Camera app: I am unable to record video in my camera app.I don't know why?But i can take a snap in it. ***Original Title: Camera app issue*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-record-video-in-camera-app/56be50bb-4082-4d78-a6de-3055e7db00ad
  10. Camera not recording video

Camera not recording video: Hi, The problem is the Camera app in my laptop is not recording video. When I click on the video icon it seems like it starts to record but instantly stops and no video is recorded. I can take pictures just fine. Thanks in advance!...