Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Starting yesterday afternoon, the sound while recording a video on the Windows 10 Camera App stopped working. Was working in the morning, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kquenny, Oct 17, 2020.

1. kquenny Win User

Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

Starting yesterday afternoon, the sound while recording a video on the Windows 10 Camera App stopped working. Was working in the morning, then it stopped. I didn't change any settings that I can recall. I've installed another camera app and the sound on the video recording works perfectly fine. It just doesn't work on Windows 10 Camera App. I've reset all settings too.

Any ideas as to why the sound isn't working on the video recording?

:)

kquenny, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

ricecrispies, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

1. Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working - Similar Threads - Camera App video

2. Camera and video not working in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and video not working in Windows: My camera stopped working, as did my video on my computer. There isn't a visual of any sort, other than a big line through the camera icon. Video sound is working, but no visual. I had this issue a few years back but have forgotten how to fix it.I went to Settings, Privacy,...
  3. Camera and video not working in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera and video not working in Windows: My camera stopped working, as did my video on my computer. There isn't a visual of any sort, other than a big line through the camera icon. Video sound is working, but no visual. I had this issue a few years back but have forgotten how to fix it.I went to Settings, Privacy,...
  4. sound no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound no longer working: sound on my computer no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-longer-working/3e658450-b4fb-4c9c-9887-a37e2dfcaa4a
  5. Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?: When trying to record music using the Camera app on Windows 10, using either the built-in microphone or a USB microphone, the sound of a long note is truncated. It is as if the app is codified for speech. Is there any way to allow me to record the sound the microphone hears?...
  6. video camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video camera not working: Hi, i updated my windows to 10 recently and my camera is not working properly. Im using a4 tech pk-838g but my windows 10 detects it as vimicro 2.0 usb pc camera venus, my discord finds it as camera but doesn't show anything when im trying to use it, it stopped working before...
  7. No sound on video using camera app on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on video using camera app on laptop: Hi! I've done a video on my laptop using the camera app. Unfortunately after playing back the video there is no sound. Could you please assist. Thanks...
  8. camera app not working for video

camera app not working for video: The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working. When you try to record, the timer sometimes starts but the image freezes. Then when you click stop, nothing is saved. I've tried...
  9. camera and sound not working with video chats

camera and sound not working with video chats: when I join a meeting on zoom they can not hear me and the only they can hear me is if I hold down the space key the whole time but they still can not see me. I have tried all I know...
  10. Windows Camera app no longer works

Windows Camera app no longer works: On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently. It would start up with: [img] I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps....