Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera app

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I use my external Microphone quite a lot with Audacity, Windows 10 voice recorder and a NCH screen capture programme. I send a lot of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Jan 12, 2021 at 1:37 AM.

1. Windows 10 Camera app

Hi, I use my external Microphone quite a lot with Audacity, Windows 10 voice recorder and a NCH screen capture programme. I send a lot of the presentations out on email and on most occasions people can hear my voice clearly . If I use the Windows 10 camera app the sound levels that people receive are a lot lower. I have gone into settings and tried various things but with no success. It seems strange that other apps sound great but not the camera app ! Any ideas would be a appreciated.

Brian

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Jan 12, 2021 at 1:37 AM
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

3. WINDOWS 10 CAMERA APP NOT WORKING

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If you are referring to the Camera app then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 12, 2021 at 1:38 AM
  4. KatrineCY Win User

Windows 10 Camera app

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

Thema:

Windows 10 Camera app

1. Windows 10 Camera app - Similar Threads - Camera app

2. Can not open Camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not open Camera app: [ATTACH] This is my Brand new HP laptop. My camera app is not opening and showing this error. There is no drivers in Device manager. I tried installing drivers and adding it Manually but nothing worked. Please someone help me with this. I am using HP14s. There is one error...
  3. MS Camera app

MS Camera app: I have tried the methods here. I click uninstall, nothing. terminate, nothing. Is there a magic Butten? Or does MS not want their camera app removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-camera-app/96c968f8-c1b6-4050-ad2f-9917b7f97092
  4. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.: Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest versions. Problem persists in third-party apps that use camera. Restarting device didn't help. Windows "Get Help" apparently reset...
  5. Skype (MS Store) app requires Desktop app camera permission

Skype (MS Store) app requires Desktop app camera permission: The title really says it all. I've found that to get the camera working in the Skype app (downloaded from MS Store), I need to enable camera access (under Settings, Privacy, Camera) both as an MS Store app and allow general desktop app access. By way of contrast, the...
  6. Camera App saving to random location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera App saving to random location: Hi all, The Camera App is saving to a random location. None of the information I've found has come close. When I open the image, it has opened in the Photo app, but has no UI to save or manage the images. I can only organize them into albums... When I select a photo,...
  7. Disabling auto-light adjustment on the Camera app for a HP 5m webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling auto-light adjustment on the Camera app for a HP 5m webcam: How do you disable the light adjustment on a HP Envy 32 all-in-one computer with a HP 5M video camera? When I'm on a Zoom or Teams meeting, the video is constantly brightening and darkening the picture if I move just a little changing the lighting slightly?? The windows...
  8. Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already": [ATTACH] My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I tried reinstalling the driver, both from the official Lenovo site (I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340) and via Windows, that...
  9. Lenovo Thinkpad Camera App Not Opening

Lenovo Thinkpad Camera App Not Opening: I own a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, bought just a few days ago. I recently tried opening the camera app, but I can't get it to open. I press the icon, a window opens, and then after a few milliseconds, closes. I can see my camera working in Lenovo Vantage, Zoom, and all the other...
  10. Help with Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244

Help with Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244: My camera isn't working and it comes up with this error code Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244 every time I try, its a built in webcam and I've gone through the troubleshoot options, and 'camera' does not appear anywhere in my device manager. It's not being blocked by...