Windows 10: windows 10 camera can't show my face

Discus and support windows 10 camera can't show my face in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i already did what windows help said, but it doesnt work. i restarted it many times but still. i also uninstall-install the camera but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by madxcr, Mar 3, 2021.

1. madxcr Win User

windows 10 camera can't show my face

i already did what windows help said, but it doesnt work. i restarted it many times but still. i also uninstall-install the camera but nothing happened, please help. thank you

:)

madxcr, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Front facing camera is completely gone

Hi Shawn,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Also open Device manager and click on View and select
    Show hidden devices and check if you are able to find front Camera;
    Hoover mouse point and click on Scan for hardware changes.

Do let us know if front facing camera starts working. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 3, 2021
  3. bbbhh Win User
    Camera App Windows 10 starts default with front-facing camera

Hi all,

the Camera App on my Windows 10 somehow starts directly with the front-facing camera. I'm using a surface pro 4. I remember, it used to start with the main camera as default. Is there anyway to configure it to start with the main camera. I couldn't figure it out from the setting. (I'm not the selfie type, so this annoys me quite a bit).

Bests,

bbbhh, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 camera can't show my face - Similar Threads - camera can't show

2. tablet only showing rear facing camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet only showing rear facing camera: tablet only showing 1 camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-only-showing-rear-facing-camera/024121cc-6ef9-4ee5-9f90-9081f52e22e7
  3. tablet only showing rear facing camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet only showing rear facing camera: tablet only showing 1 camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-only-showing-rear-facing-camera/024121cc-6ef9-4ee5-9f90-9081f52e22e7
  4. tablet only showing rear facing camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera: I recently purchased an HP Envy laptop from Best Buy. I had their Geek Squad complete the setup. Got it home and was not able to set up Windows Hello Face. Spent 3 hours with their on-line GS support with no resolution. I returned the computer and got a new one. Again,...
  6. Windows 10 will not recognize my camera for Hello Face.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not recognize my camera for Hello Face.: Windows 10 will not recognize my camera for Hello Face. It worked previously. I have done what others have suggested. No luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-recognize-my-camera-for-hello/222c4c6b-1ef7-4c2b-ba06-972bdc26722c
  7. can't switch to rear facing camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't switch to rear facing camera: I've checked every post I can and cannot get this to work. I've uninstalled drivers and restarted, reset the OS. I had Avast, it was uninstalled with the reset. I installed it again for a virus scan in case a driver had become infected. I uninstalled Avast again. It was...
  8. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera: I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can somebody help me?...
  9. Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.: I was trying to set up Windows Hello Face on my laptop, but it was unable to turn on the built-in camera. The camera is recognized and works in the Windows Camera app, and I can use it anywhere else, but Windows Hello cannot turn it on. I don't know what the problem...
  10. My front-facing camera can't work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My front-facing camera can't work?: Im using lenovo ideapad 520s. A sign of camera with a slash shows up when i open windows camera app. THe same thing occured after i installed other camera apps and opened them. What should I do?...