Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera Color Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera Color Settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a built in way to get access to more advanced camera settings in Windows 10 than what is available in the Camera app? I had a user that had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Freecarrots1, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Camera Color Settings

Is there a built in way to get access to more advanced camera settings in Windows 10 than what is available in the Camera app? I had a user that had ridiculously washed out webcam color settings and I couldn't find any way to change that for a while, eventually the user had to go into Skype to change the color balance so their video was viewable. Is there a way in Windows 10 to access advanced camera settings outside of Skype, which is going away? Teams doesn't have these settings available from what I see. This is a work computer so I'm not looking for third party programs.

submitted by /u/Freecarrots1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Freecarrots1, Feb 26, 2021

2. camera settings, windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• Which app are you referring to Is it MS camera app or
      Non-MS Camera app?
    If it is MS Camera app.

Unfortunately this option is not present in windows 10.

I would suggest you to adjust the brightness & contrast of the desktop, follow the below steps.

• Click Cortana search at the taskbar.
    • Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts. Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances
      and when pull it downward brightness decreases. This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the
      Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

Also refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps, please post back to us if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Camera Color Settings

Camera color settings - Software of hardware presets?

I am using a Lenova Thinkpad, was recently on a ZOOM meeting and the onboard camera turned off. After the meeting I rebooted the computer to no avail then went looking for camera settings - reset all visible toggles and didn't check again until next zoom
    meeting. Camera was working but only in Black and White. Went back to device settings looking for 'color' settings and found none. On board camera works but only in B&W. Any suggestions where to look to reset/activate color? PS: plugged in a Microsoft
    HD camera/mic and it works fine in color so puzzle remains with built-in device.

DanaTaylor2, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Camera Color Settings

1. Windows 10 Camera Color Settings - Similar Threads - Camera Color Settings

2. Camera Color Temperature/Tint in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Color Temperature/Tint in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 with the standard camera. It casts everything purple. How can I correct the color temperature? The settings only allow changing white balance and brightness. In the photo below, the curtains are really brown and my shirt is brown and rust. Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 camera settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 camera settings: Hello guys, I have a question about the settings of my laptos's (acer swift 3) camera. I am using different video conference softwares du to home office. What annoys me is, that the 16:9 format shows to much from the sides, which most of the apps uses I can change the...
  4. Camera color settings - Software of hardware presets?

Camera color settings - Software of hardware presets?: I am using a Lenova Thinkpad, was recently on a ZOOM meeting and the onboard camera turned off. After the meeting I rebooted the computer to no avail then went looking for camera settings - reset all visible toggles and didn't check again until next zoom meeting. Camera was...
  5. Camera Color Settings

Camera Color Settings: My camera keeps adjusting the color settings dependent on the color in the frame. I am trying to use a chromakey green screen in the back ground. As soon as I put the screen up, the camera adjusts color balance or the white balance, and over saturates with red. The camera...
  6. Windows 10 Settings for Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings for Color: I want to have my task bar in black, while keeping the information boxes that come up in white with black text. So far I have not been able to do this on my laptop. You either get both taskbar and information boxes in black, or both in white. I have split colors on my...
  7. Camera Image Colors

Camera Image Colors: Camera had been working fine. Now when I open it, the image looks like a colored filter is applied and I can't find a setting to adjust/remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-image-colors/fe306720-da8b-4213-b7b9-c4a51b70b578
  8. Colors setting in Windows 10 Pro

Colors setting in Windows 10 Pro: I navigated to COLORS via: Start >> Settings >> Personalization, and set the parameters as follows: Choose your color: Light Transparency effects: ON Choose your accent color Automatically pick an accent color from my background: CHECKED Show accent color on the following...
  9. WIndows 10 Camera settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 Camera settings: Hi, I was about to modify/change some settings in the Camera app to change storage location and the quality of the photos and videos, but I got and error saying "Something went wrong: if you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4240 <unknown> (0x80004003)". I am with Windows...
  10. Windows 10 color default setting

Windows 10 color default setting: By mistake I somehow hit a combination of keys that made color disappear from displaying properly. Is there a default setting I can go back to easily display color again. I am visually impaired and the lack of color on display makes it very difficult to see...