Windows 10: Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

Discus and support Windows 10 camera error- can't fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, I am trying to take video on my camera and it's not working. I take a picture or video with the app and it won't save giving me the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephanieCunningham, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

Hey there,

I am trying to take video on my camera and it's not working. I take a picture or video with the app and it won't save giving me the error code:

0XA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> (0x80004005)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing updates, modifying security features.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

:)

StephanieCunningham, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Elvin Gat Win User

Windows 10 camera error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)

Hi Allen,

Compatibility could be one of the probable reasons why you have this error. What we can suggest is for you to run the hardware troubleshooter. You can follow the steps below:

• Click the magnifying glass icon beside the Windows start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Hardware and Devices from the options list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    You can also refer to the answers provided by our community below:

Thanks.

Elvin Gat, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

1. Windows 10 camera error- can't fix - Similar Threads - camera error can't

2. Fix 0xA00F425C Camera error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0xA00F425C Camera error in Windows 11/10: [IMG]This post discusses the error code 0xA00F425C while using the Camera app on Windows and how you can fix it. Some Windows users have reported facing the error code 0xA00F425C when trying to capture videos or photos using the Camera app in Windows 11/10. Something went...
  3. Fix 0xA00F4245 (0x80070005) Camera Error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0xA00F4245 (0x80070005) Camera Error on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Are you experiencing error code 0xA00F4245 (0x80070005) in the Windows Camera app? Several Windows users have reported getting this error code 0xA00F4245 (0x80070005) when they open their Camera app. The full error message that users get is as follows: We need your...
  4. Fix No available camera input error in Snap Camera on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No available camera input error in Snap Camera on PC: [ATTACH]In this post, we’ll see how to resolve Snap Camera No available camera input problem. Snap Camera is free to use camera application for Windows PC. You can use it to apply different filters to the image. But while using the application on the system, many users have...
  5. Windows 11: how to fix 0xa00f427 camera error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: how to fix 0xa00f427 camera error?: Hi all,I have just bought a HP Zbook Studio G8, where it is installed Windows 11 ver 22000.493. However, the embedded webcam does not work. In particular, when I staret the camera app, I receive the error 0xa00f427. For your information, external USB cameras work. For your...
  6. Windows 11: how to fix 0xa00f427 camera error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: how to fix 0xa00f427 camera error?: Hi all,I have just bought a HP Zbook Studio G8, where it is installed Windows 11 ver 22000.493. However, the embedded webcam does not work. In particular, when I staret the camera app, I receive the error 0xa00f427. For your information, external USB cameras work. For your...
  7. Fix Windows Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154)

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154): [ATTACH]Windows has an inbuilt camera app for those who wish to use their webcam. However, at times, the app ceases to work and returned the error code 0x200F4246 (0x80040154). If you wish to fix Windows Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154) on your system, then please...
  8. [ERROR] Windows can't find my camera.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ERROR] Windows can't find my camera.: [ATTACH] Suddenly today while joining a meeting, windows couldn't find my camera. This message is from the default camera app. But none of the meeting apps like Teams and Zoom couldn't detect the camera. Went to the hardware page and it says device working properly. Have...
  9. Windows 10 Camera App Error Code - Can't start your camera

Windows 10 Camera App Error Code - Can't start your camera: I have an HP Pavillion All-In-One Touch with a built in webcam. I haven't needed to use the Windows camera app before now. I've spent 2 days trying to fix the error code. I've included a screen shot below of what appears when I open the app. I've searched the forums for this...
  10. Windows 10 Camera Error

Windows 10 Camera Error: I got this error today when started up the Camera App on Windows 10. I don't know what caused it, but whatever did end up making the Camera App unusable as this is what I see every time I open the app up. [ATTACH] If anyone knows how to fix this, that'll be great....