Windows 10: Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

Discus and support Windows 10 camera error- can't fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, I am trying to take video on my camera and it's not working. I take a picture or video with the app and it won't save giving me the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephanieCunningham, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

Hey there,

I am trying to take video on my camera and it's not working. I take a picture or video with the app and it won't save giving me the error code:

0XA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> (0x80004005)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing updates, modifying security features.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

:)

StephanieCunningham, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Elvin Gat Win User

Windows 10 camera error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)

Hi Allen,

Compatibility could be one of the probable reasons why you have this error. What we can suggest is for you to run the hardware troubleshooter. You can follow the steps below:

• Click the magnifying glass icon beside the Windows start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Hardware and Devices from the options list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    You can also refer to the answers provided by our community below:

Thanks.

Elvin Gat, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 camera error- can't fix

1. Windows 10 camera error- can't fix - Similar Threads - camera error can't

2. Windows 10 Camera App Error Code - Can't start your camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App Error Code - Can't start your camera: I have an HP Pavillion All-In-One Touch with a built in webcam. I haven't needed to use the Windows camera app before now. I've spent 2 days trying to fix the error code. I've included a screen shot below of what appears when I open the app. I've searched the forums for this...
  3. can't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't turn on the camera: can't turn on the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-the-camera/9c1199e0-ffc9-47d2-ba1f-718397fd63a3
  4. Windows 10 Camera Error

Windows 10 Camera Error: I got this error today when started up the Camera App on Windows 10. I don't know what caused it, but whatever did end up making the Camera App unusable as this is what I see every time I open the app up. [ATTACH] If anyone knows how to fix this, that'll be great....
  5. Error code 80070422 and can't fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 80070422 and can't fix: Can Windows Update be uninstalled and then reinstalled? I keep getting the Error code 80070422. install of reimage would not complete – Reimage stalled twice during stability check – both times at Fixing (85%) and 448288KB downloaded successfully but would not complete...
  6. can't find the camera app in windows 10

can't find the camera app in windows 10: can't find the camera app in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/cant-find-the-camera-app-in-windows-10/7a15ef1a-1530-4da2-9b07-c43b225206e5
  7. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  8. Can't access camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access camera: When I open my camera it says that it can't access it tells me to see if an antivirus has got into it but I don't know how to see if anything has blocked it please help me get my camera back...
  9. Fix Windows 10 Camera app error 0xA00F424F (0x80004005)

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Camera app error 0xA00F424F (0x80004005): [ATTACH] If every time you try to take a photo or video, the Windows 10 Camera app refuses to save the photo or video file and you get the error code 0xA00F424F (0x80004005), then this post will be able to help [...] This post Fix Windows 10 Camera app error 0xA00F424F...
  10. bootmgr error, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    bootmgr error, can't find a fix: Hi, I recently got a new motherboard, processor, SSD, and memory for my old, homebuilt desktop. I'm running Windows 10 which I downloaded as the free upgrade last year. I cloned the OS to my new SSD using EaseUS Todo 10.0. I've activated the new partition and upgraded my...