Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It all started when I updated my laptop. The camera is an essential part of online school, so, please I need help :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jilliannn, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Jilliannn Win User

Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already

It all started when I updated my laptop. The camera is an essential part of online school, so, please I need help :

:)

Jilliannn, Feb 18, 2021

2. Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

Unintuitively, the icon in the upper left that looks like it's meant to switch between your front and back camera will also cycle through your other attached cameras. At least, this worked for me on a Surface Pro 4 (front and rear camera) with a USB Microsoft LifeCam attached. The Camera application's version is listed as 2018.227.30.1000.

Shawn Mulligan, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 18, 2021
  4. goblinbox Win User

Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From How to use the Camera app:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already - Similar Threads - Camera issue looks

2. Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error: Camera not working!... It just blinks and continues to blink but not fully functional and when I test it using an online tool, the tool says "camera is already in use by another application" . I have tried everything I could - 1 . Driver Updated2 . "camsvc" process is...
  3. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  4. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  5. Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already": [ATTACH] My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I tried reinstalling the driver, both from the official Lenovo site (I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340) and via Windows, that...
  6. Camera says "It looks like another app is using camera already" error code "0xa00f4288".

Camera says "It looks like another app is using camera already" error code "0xa00f4288".: FIRST, my laptop webcam works fine when I use google meet online which means my camera hardware is working fine. HOWEVER, when I open windows camera, it says that another app is already using camera, but I checked task manager also, no app is using my camera. Please help...
  7. Other apps using camera already

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other apps using camera already: When attempting to open Camera or YouCam keep getting messages that another app is using the camera already. Can find no other app accessing the camera. Have updated the drivers. Any thoughts?...
  8. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  9. Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.: I know this is not a brand new issue, there are lots of articles already there on this problem, but I did't found any of them to be helpful. I'm having this problem since 4,5 months. Let me describe it clearly: Whenever I'm using my laptop and try to open camera, it shows...
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2