Windows 10: Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

Discus and support Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rootel, Jan 5, 2021.

1. /u/Rootel Win User

Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already" Zpm_znfuMd1Eo5YQI0U3fUD_s0xFr-ruoGhEoSjztEQ.jpg

My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I tried reinstalling the driver, both from the official Lenovo site (I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340) and via Windows, that didn't work either. I already changed the privacy settings several times. Even if I turn off the camera by turning the camera access off, it still gives the same error which can't even happen. How can another app use the camera if I turned camera access off? I really need my laptop camera. Is there another way to actually fix this problem?

https://preview.redd.it/u0kp0ddeph9...bp&s=64d984be04e5a6c4af26ddc95bfb17f44339542b

submitted by /u/Rootel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rootel, Jan 5, 2021

2. Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

Unintuitively, the icon in the upper left that looks like it's meant to switch between your front and back camera will also cycle through your other attached cameras. At least, this worked for me on a Surface Pro 4 (front and rear camera) with a USB Microsoft LifeCam attached. The Camera application's version is listed as 2018.227.30.1000.

Shawn Mulligan, Jan 5, 2021
  3. goblinbox Win User
    Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From How to use the Camera app:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Jan 5, 2021
  4. spunk Win User

Dell camera driver

• To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.
    • If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 
    • From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera. Test your camera here
    Webcam Test

spunk, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already" - Similar Threads - Camera looks another

2. Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error: Camera not working!... It just blinks and continues to blink but not fully functional and when I test it using an online tool, the tool says "camera is already in use by another application" . I have tried everything I could - 1 . Driver Updated2 . "camsvc" process is...
  3. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  4. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  5. Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already: It all started when I updated my laptop. The camera is an essential part of online school, so, please I need help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-camera-issue-it-looks-like-another-app/99b030ea-7c60-4cd7-9746-a5ceae4434d4
  6. Camera says "It looks like another app is using camera already" error code "0xa00f4288".

Camera says "It looks like another app is using camera already" error code "0xa00f4288".: FIRST, my laptop webcam works fine when I use google meet online which means my camera hardware is working fine. HOWEVER, when I open windows camera, it says that another app is already using camera, but I checked task manager also, no app is using my camera. Please help...
  7. Other apps using camera already

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other apps using camera already: When attempting to open Camera or YouCam keep getting messages that another app is using the camera already. Can find no other app accessing the camera. Have updated the drivers. Any thoughts?...
  8. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  9. Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.: I know this is not a brand new issue, there are lots of articles already there on this problem, but I did't found any of them to be helpful. I'm having this problem since 4,5 months. Let me describe it clearly: Whenever I'm using my laptop and try to open camera, it shows...
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. looks like another app is using the camera