Windows 10: Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything

Discus and support Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday June 17,2020 my camera was working fine, today I can't get it to work. I have tried multiple things, which I will list below and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElenaSanguino, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything

Hello,

Yesterday June 17,2020 my camera was working fine, today I can't get it to work.

I have tried multiple things, which I will list below and it still doesn't work.

Is my computer broken?

Method. Check for Windows updates

>Go to Settings and select Update and Security.
    >Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.

Method. Make sure the camera app is turned on
    >Open Settings Window.
    >Click Privacy.
    >Click Camera in the left pane. If it is off, turn it on.

Method. Reset Camera App

>Type CMD on Search and select Command Prompt and run as administrator.
    >Copy paste the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Let it run and exit when done.
    Restart your PC and check if the camera works.

Method. Check for antivirus software.
    I don't have antivirus software

Method. Check and Update your camera drivers.

>Go to Device Manager.
    >Expand category Imaging devices.
    >Right-click on the name of your camera, and then select Uninstall.

Method. Download updates directly from manufacturer's website

:)

ElenaSanguino, Jun 18, 2020

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Matt316 Win User

Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything

Camera not working

Hi.

Strictly speaking this is probably not the right place to ask, but I'm running out of ideas, and as I have Windows 10...

I have a Lenovo laptop and I'm trying to run Zoom, but I can't get the camera to work. I've tried contacting Lenovo and Zoom (via ticket) and have got nowhere. (Usually they try pointing me down a path already tried and failed.) I've tried all the options Zoom and Lenovo suggest, but to no avail. The camera works on nearly everything else, so I'm guessing it's actually the Zoom application. Any ideas?

Matt

Matt316, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything

1. Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything - Similar Threads - camera working tried

2. HELP MY CAMERA WONT WORK I TRIED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP MY CAMERA WONT WORK I TRIED EVERYTHING: pleas help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-camera-wont-work-i-tried-everything/51410800-4cb8-4052-9506-e12114618464
  3. HELP MY CAMERA WONT WORK I TRIED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP MY CAMERA WONT WORK I TRIED EVERYTHING: pleas help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-camera-wont-work-i-tried-everything/51410800-4cb8-4052-9506-e12114618464
  4. camera not working tried everything i swear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working tried everything i swear.: error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>i uninstalled my camera in device manager and I clicked the box that says some driver. then after I scan for hardware something the camera didn't get back. can someone help me please I really my camera for tomorrow...
  5. camera not working tried everything i swear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working tried everything i swear.: error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>i uninstalled my camera in device manager and I clicked the box that says some driver. then after I scan for hardware something the camera didn't get back. can someone help me please I really my camera for tomorrow...
  6. Camera not working at all on Windows 10, tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working at all on Windows 10, tried everything: Hi everyone,I bought my laptop a few months ago and my camera was working fine. Then today I was supposed to have a video call with a friend and my camera didn't work, this is what it looks like now. I have literally NO IDEA what is causing this. I looked for updates, it...
  7. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  8. Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it: im on windows 10 2009 my cam randomly stops working my bios has camera enabled i uninstalled my cam driver and rebooted no luck installed other drivers not my cam drivers but other camera drivers i knew that wasnt going to work my cam is just black submitted by...
  9. thumbnails not displaying in Windows 10 -- have tried "everything"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails not displaying in Windows 10 -- have tried "everything": Hi, My thumbnails are not displaying correctly. First, what I've tried: I've tried un-checking "always show icons never thumbnails" in the view options and I applied to every folder. Didn't help. I did disk cleanup on thumbnails. Did not work. I went into the command prompt...
  10. Another app is using the camera 0xA00F4288 - I have tried everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another app is using the camera 0xA00F4288 - I have tried everything: Purchased a webcam for my PC Windows 10, but any test I run on it say that my camera is being blocked by another application. I have already: - Made sure my privacy settings allow for both camera and microphone access - Reset the Window's camera app - Turned off my...