Windows 10: WIndows 10 Camera settings

Discus and support WIndows 10 Camera settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was about to modify/change some settings in the Camera app to change storage location and the quality of the photos and videos, but I got and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ColonelCrazyBulletShooter, Dec 8, 2018.

1. WIndows 10 Camera settings

Hi, I was about to modify/change some settings in the Camera app to change storage location and the quality of the photos and videos, but I got and error saying "Something went wrong: if you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4240 <unknown> (0x80004003)". I am with Windows 10 version 1809 Build 17763.134, I never gotten the error until the October update came and broke the camera app.

:)

ColonelCrazyBulletShooter, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 8, 2018
  4. WIndows 10 Camera settings

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

WIndows 10 Camera settings

1. WIndows 10 Camera settings - Similar Threads - Camera settings

2. Can I change my Camera Settings to match the image I get from using the Camera normally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change my Camera Settings to match the image I get from using the Camera normally?: This one is hard to explain, but the image shows it pretty clearly. When I use my webcam normally, it displays correctly image on the right, uncropped. But on certain apps, and in the camera settings, the video and images get cropped image on the left, cropped. To be more...
  3. Can I change my Camera Settings to match the image I get from using the Camera normally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change my Camera Settings to match the image I get from using the Camera normally?: This one is hard to explain, but the image shows it pretty clearly. When I use my webcam normally, it displays correctly image on the right, uncropped. But on certain apps, and in the camera settings, the video and images get cropped image on the left, cropped. To be more...
  4. How do I change my camera/video settings to non-mirrored? I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my camera/video settings to non-mirrored? I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop...: Hi I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and tried to use the camera app today to make a recording. After reviewing the recording I noticed that the video flipped and it's not how I saw myself when I was recording. I already tried looking around for the camera settings but have...
  5. How do I change my camera/video settings to non-mirrored? I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop...

How do I change my camera/video settings to non-mirrored? I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop...: Hi I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and tried to use the camera app today to make a recording. After reviewing the recording I noticed that the video flipped and it's not how I saw myself when I was recording. I already tried looking around for the camera settings but have...
  6. Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera": Purchased a new MSI Modern 15 with Win11 preinstalled and while everything else setup just fine, Hello Face won't work as it says "we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". Sort of crazy since the camera is built-in and HD and Device Manager says it's...
  7. Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera"

Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera": Purchased a new MSI Modern 15 with Win11 preinstalled and while everything else setup just fine, Hello Face won't work as it says "we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". Sort of crazy since the camera is built-in and HD and Device Manager says it's...
  8. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10: I have an HP Spectre running Windows 10. I have added an external camera logitech 930c. I wish to disable the internal camera and set this external camera as the default on start up for facial recognition. I successfully disabled the internal camera. I found the Logitech 930c...
  9. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10: I have an HP Spectre running Windows 10. I have added an external camera logitech 930c. I wish to disable the internal camera and set this external camera as the default on start up for facial recognition. I successfully disabled the internal camera. I found the Logitech 930c...
  10. Setting an external Webcam as the default start up camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera settings windows 10

2. camera settings in windows 10

3. windows 10 camera settings

4. windows phone camera settings,
  5. windows 10 camera settings black and white,
  6. windows10 1709 camera app settings error 0xa00f4240<unknown>(0x80004003),
  7. camera app error code 0xa00f4240<unknown> (0x80004003),
  8. fehlercode 0xa00f4240 unknown 0x80004003