Windows 10: windows 10 camera stopped working

Discus and support windows 10 camera stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my windows 10 camera stopped working on Dell Inspiron 5477, when I click on photo, no response. I would appreciate advise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cichang, Nov 11, 2019.

1. cichang Win User

windows 10 camera stopped working

my windows 10 camera stopped working on Dell Inspiron 5477, when I click on photo, no response. I would appreciate advise

:)

cichang, Nov 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 camera Not Working

Hi Beajai,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Which are the apps you cannot uninstall?
    • Which are the apps you cannot stop?
    For the Camera app issue, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Haier camera is not working in windows 10

Hi Haier,

Sorry to know that the camera is not working.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the model of the Camera?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which app/website are you using to access camera?
    It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

Windows can't find or start the camera:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-can-not-find-or-start-the-camera

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Camera. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 11, 2019
  4. windows 10 camera stopped working

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 camera stopped working

1. windows 10 camera stopped working - Similar Threads - camera stopped working

2. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  3. camera stopped working

camera stopped working: Device can not start the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/834355b6-fc8f-4e3d-9770-04212fbf5005
  4. Integrated camera stopped working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated camera stopped working on windows 10: Hi Everyone,I have Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home edition. The integrated camera was working fine on my laptop. I don't know what happened, now that integrated camera is not working. On launching camera I see camera icon with cross mark on it. Attaching the image what...
  5. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: I was int he middle of a Zoom meeting when my camera stopped working. Troubleshooting did not work. Any ideas would be helpful. It is giving an error code of 0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  6. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 5 the camera turns on but there is no image. we rolled back to a previous restore point we rechecked all camera security settings and made sure they were correct we removed and reinstalled the camera drivers we replaced the camera we...
  7. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  8. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  9. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working: The camera on my Lenovo laptop running windows 10 won't work more than three seconds on Skype before it shuts off. It doesn't work at all for any other livestreaming. I have restarted my laptop and searched permissions and settings but can't get the camera working. Any advice...
  10. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: [ATTACH] Camera stopped working. Light near the camera lens is turned green. Troubleshooting steps made: Camera privacy setting is turned on. Updated driver in Device Manager/ Cameras/ USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam, restarted laptop. No “stream.sys” found in Properties/ Driver...