Windows 10: Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

Discus and support Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 that is set for facial recognition, so the camera issues are causing some difficulty. The drivers have been updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RolandOwen, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 that is set for facial recognition, so the camera issues are causing some difficulty. The drivers have been updated to manufacture's spec, but the issue persists.When an app is started that requires camera access, an error 0xa00f4271 mediacapturefailedevent 0x80070491 is generated and the camera fails. If the device is uninstalled, the drivers deleted and the system scanned for new hardware, the camera briefly works, images can be seen. the speed of failure is increasing, where initially, the reinstalled drivers worked for some hours, now they only work for a

:)

RolandOwen, Sep 21, 2022

2. my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Archived MSDN and TechNet Blogs

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Thanks. Installing the driver in Compatibility mode really helped. I can now use the camera with no problem (HP ProBook 4510s, with no driver for Windows 10 available).

Miguel FDZ, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

1. Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails. - Similar Threads - camera works briefly

2. Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.: I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 that is set for facial recognition, so the camera issues are causing some difficulty. The drivers have been updated to manufacture's spec, but the issue persists.When an app is started that requires camera access, an error 0xa00f4271...
  3. Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.: I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 that is set for facial recognition, so the camera issues are causing some difficulty. The drivers have been updated to manufacture's spec, but the issue persists.When an app is started that requires camera access, an error 0xa00f4271...
  4. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working: Hello,I have been facing this difficulties. I tried to make video call and noticed the camera was not opening. Then I check my camera but It shows the below message. I tried and followed all steps described on Google, Microsoft and YouTube but nothing worked at all. I need...
  5. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working: Hello,I have been facing this difficulties. I tried to make video call and noticed the camera was not opening. Then I check my camera but It shows the below message. I tried and followed all steps described on Google, Microsoft and YouTube but nothing worked at all. I need...
  6. Audio Drivers fail to work after recent Windows 10 updates

Audio Drivers fail to work after recent Windows 10 updates: My computer updated about a week or two ago, I was unable to check my computer as I've been busy. I came back today to find out that I have no audio at all, my drivers are all there and when I troubleshoot, it says everything is running smoothly. Naturally, I tried to...
  7. Google Meet camera failed or not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Meet camera failed or not working in Windows 10: Google Meet is one of the popular video conferencing software in the market. It has a simple and intuitive UI, Google’s support, and most importantly it is free. However, many Windows 10 users have reported that they are not able to access the camera when using Google Meet....
  8. Camera not working, looking for some camera drivers

Camera not working, looking for some camera drivers: There is a problem with my camera, it's turning off and on multiple times. If its a driver problem please provide me with some new drivers. Thank you...
  9. Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10

Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10: I bought my Hp laptop model 15s-DU2036TX one month back and this problem has persisted since then. When i open my camera app, it shows error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and microphone also doesn't detect the voice. Sometimes it starts working suddenly for once and...
  10. Camera Driver for Windows 10

Camera Driver for Windows 10: I have a Asus TX300 laptop that comes with 2 cameras, 1 front, 1 back. Somehow Windows 10 is only able to deter the back camera. I am trying to enable both cameras, i.e. having the option to use either. Tried going into device manager to rescan for new device/hardware, the...