Windows 10: (Windows 10) Can I force Edge to open on the current desktop if its already open on another?

Discus and support (Windows 10) Can I force Edge to open on the current desktop if its already open on another? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the virtual desktops Windows 10 offers via the Tab + Windows key-combination. It's a good way to separate the various functions to which a PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Izzie_609, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Izzie_609 Win User

(Windows 10) Can I force Edge to open on the current desktop if its already open on another?

I like the virtual desktops Windows 10 offers via the Tab + Windows key-combination. It's a good way to separate the various functions to which a PC can be put. In my case I watch YouTube on one desktop, and game and browse on another.

Unfortunately, if Edge is already open with YouTube on the "Media" desktop, if I (pause playback and) switch to the "Gaming" desktop and launch Edge, Windows automatically switches to the "Media" desktop. Obviously, I could close Edge on the "Media" desktop, or drag the second instance of Edge which has opened on the "Media" desktop to the "Gaming" desktop and there are doubtless many other ways that get "the job done" but I would simply like Edge to open a new instance on the current desktop even though it's already open on another.

Is it possible?

:)

Izzie_609, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2018
  3. RubyDubyR Win User
    Need IE desktop icons to open with Edge

When I first got windows 10 i didn't like Edge, and fixed my desktop icons to open with internet explorer. Now, certain aspects of the Flash addon do not work properly in IE and i am FORCED to use Edge. So....... the question is....... HOW DO I GET MY
    DESKTOP ICONS TO OPEN IN EDGE NOW????? I have tried removing the check mark for opening desktop items with IE in the internet option on the control panel, that didn't help. I've tried deleting the icon and reloading it using edge, when I clicked the new
    icon, it opened in IE. Any suggestions?

RubyDubyR, Nov 9, 2018
  4. (Windows 10) Can I force Edge to open on the current desktop if its already open on another?

Edge can't open using built-in Admin account

This is why I had suggested earlier to try a different user account. If there isn't one, create it, then try to open Edge. This step is to see if the current user account is corrupt.

You can also try running SFC, to see if it has any effect on opening Edge.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

(Windows 10) Can I force Edge to open on the current desktop if its already open on another?

1. (Windows 10) Can I force Edge to open on the current desktop if its already open on another? - Similar Threads - force Edge open

2. How can I get a link to open in the already open Edge browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a link to open in the already open Edge browser?: Split from this thread.using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open...
  3. How can I get a link to open in the already open Edge browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get a link to open in the already open Edge browser?: Split from this thread.using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open...
  4. How can I get a link to open in the already open Edge browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Open program in current desktop - Windows 10

Open program in current desktop - Windows 10: Hi everyone,I usually use multiple desktops, each one for different target, and I've noticed an annoying problem. when I want to open program in the current desktop adobe reader for example , if the program is already opened in another desktop, windows sends me to that...
  6. When I have browser (Edge) on one virtual desktop and open link on another - it opens new...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I have browser (Edge) on one virtual desktop and open link on another - it opens new...: I have dedicated virtual desktop for all my messaging - slack, telegram, email, etc. And I have main desktop for work - browser and IDE. Of course I get many links in messages, so in few hours I have dozens of tabs opened on two desktops in two browsers and it's confusing,...
  7. Microsoft Edge pinned on taskbar opening another window.

Microsoft Edge pinned on taskbar opening another window.: Hi everyone! I would like to ask why is Microsoft Edge opening another window instead of stacking up in the pinned program in the taskbar? Whenever I start-up Edge, instead of opening on the pinned icon on the taskbar, it opens another one right next to the other icons. It...
  8. Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop

Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop: When I click on the One Drive app in windows 10, it gives the following cryptic error message, with no explanation about how to fix it or where to get more information. [ATTACH] This is happening on my brand new Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. When I tried to open it first...
  9. Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab: I had to bite the bullet and finally leave IE 11 and go with Edge (for a number of reasons). It seems to be much better than when I tried the switch about 2 years ago initially. My question: Is there any way to force EDGE to open any clicked hyperlinks to open in a...
  10. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

in Browsers and Email
    Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that. I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar...