Windows 10: Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time?

Discus and support Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now as I execute mp4 video file it opens with default windows media player, if I click on another file then the current video will stop playing. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time?

Now as I execute mp4 video file it opens with default windows media player, if I click on another file then the current video will stop playing. Can I run two or more media files at the same time? (without closing the current video)

:)

Tsw88, Dec 16, 2017

2. I need to run speakers and headset at the same time.

Thank you for the clarification. We have tried to replicate the issue from our end and we found that in order to achieve what you're trying to do, you would need either third-party programs or devices than you need to connect to your machine.

Patricia Yu, Dec 16, 2017
  3. GarySutt Win User
    I need to run speakers and headset at the same time.

I take it that you mean to say "No, you cannot do this in Windows", yes?

GarySutt, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Yes no problems if you use a different player right click on the file and choose open with

Samuria, Dec 16, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Not in Windows Media Player, it's strictly one video at a time (as are almost all players). But there's nothing to stop you running another player along side it. I've done side-by-side comparisons or two near-identical videos to spot edit differences, one in WMP and the other in VLC.

As both Films & TV (aka Movies & TV) and Photos can both play videos, I can run four videos simultaneously (and I have just tested doing exactly that - very confusing *Smile).

6. werby Win User
    VLC can do that by default.
    Also, there are some more, serious players which can do that, like KMPlayer, MPC-HC etc.
    Windows players are not included in this category (serious).

werby, Dec 16, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    What? Play multiple videos simultaneously? I've seen the 'Open Multiple Files' option, but can only get VLC to play them consecutively.

8. werby Win User

You may open many instances and drop files in each one. You may also redirect sound and video to wherever you want.
    Just do it!!!

*Thumbs

werby, Dec 16, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    OK, to do it I first have to open multiple instances of VLC, then from the file menu on each VLC I can open and play a different video file. It works, but it's not as convenient as using 'File Open..' in Explorer (choosing a different player each time) to open multiple videos.

10. werby Win User
    You may also drop the files in.
    All good things have its cost...

werby, Dec 16, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Yes, and VLC is certainly a 'good thing'. But I think the OP just wants a convenient way to play two videos at once. The 'File Open..' way with a different player is probably easier to use.

12. werby Win User
    So, go to VLC Preferences>>>Interface/Playlist and Instances and uncheck "Use only one instance when starting from file manager".
    Then you'll be able to open multiple instances directly from WinExplorer by "Open with.." and/or if files are already associated with VLC you may open multiple selected files simultaneously.

werby, Dec 16, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Great advice, works like a charm. Now all the OP needs is VLC. *Smile

14. werby Win User
    I didn't know it...I've just found it when I looked at preferences and that's the advantage of a serious app: deeply configurable.
    The disadvantage: boring because of...*Sicksimplicity.

*Thumbs

werby, Dec 16, 2017
  15. Edwin New Member
    I find MPC-BE, (Black Edition), to be the most feature rich media player,
    (Beta version release just last week)
    You can run as many instances as your video card can handle; you can even change the UI on each instance!

Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time? [​IMG]

The original MPC-HC is dead, developer gave up on it in July! *Sad

Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time? - Similar Threads - run multiple media

2. Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?: As license can be transferred to different computer can I use one license for multiple VMs when they are not running at the same time? That I can transfer license to VM1 start it, later then stop VM1 transfer license to VM2 start it then later also stop VM2 transfer back to...
  3. Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can one windows licence be used for multiple computers or VMs not running at same time ?: As license can be transferred to different computer can I use one license for multiple VMs when they are not running at the same time? That I can transfer license to VM1 start it, later then stop VM1 transfer license to VM2 start it then later also stop VM2 transfer back to...
  4. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple of the same apps running: whenever i open task manager i keep having multiple instances of different programs running at the same time. Normally it would not be a big deal, but recently it has gotten "worse?" Some Apps like chrome i expected, but others im not too sure of. In the screenshot below are...
  5. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple of the same apps running: whenever i open task manager i keep having multiple instances of different programs running at the same time. Normally it would not be a big deal, but recently it has gotten "worse?" Some Apps like chrome i expected, but others im not too sure of. In the screenshot below are...
  6. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Open multiple files at the same time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  8. Can I use Windows Sandbox to run multiple instances of the same program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Windows Sandbox to run multiple instances of the same program: For example, I have 2 monitors and I’m using Aster to split my windows 10 os so that I can log on to two different accounts from the same machine at the same time, so I have 2 sets of keyboards, and 2 sets of mice in order make this work. My question is if I can use windows...
  9. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...
  10. Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?: Can I install word 2007 and leave word 2002 on the PC, so that I can choose to run either? OR would installing word 2007 destroy word 2002 ? 88221