Windows 10: Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

Discus and support Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop and Windows 10 Pro version 1809 activated with my Microsoft account's digital license. Recently I DIY a new PC and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TraversBright, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

I have a HP laptop and Windows 10 Pro version 1809 activated with my Microsoft account's digital license.

Recently I DIY a new PC and installed Windows 10 Pro in it, knowing that my Microsoft account's digital license will activate my Windows 10. After it finished I find the water mark says "Activate Windows". In the Setting>Activate tab, I get the 0xC004C003 error code, and I click troubleshoot it shows it can't activate Windows on this device.

I want to know if I could deactivate my old laptop and transfer my digital license to my new PC, or it's just need to buy a new key?

Please help!

:)

TraversBright, Nov 10, 2018

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license. [​IMG]

MCardona81, Nov 10, 2018
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...crosoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

1. Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license. - Similar Threads - activate using Microsoft

2. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  3. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  4. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license: Hello,I bought a new computer and want to activate Windows 10 Home. I have a digital license associated with my account upgraded from windows 8, windows was not pre installed on my computer at the time. However, after troubleshooting and informing hardware change, I get the...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license: Hello,I bought a new computer and want to activate Windows 10 Home. I have a digital license associated with my account upgraded from windows 8, windows was not pre installed on my computer at the time. However, after troubleshooting and informing hardware change, I get the...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Digital license and Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Digital license and Microsoft account.: So here is the thing. I have a Windows 10 Home Single Language Digital license. I linked it with my Microsoft account. But it was on my hard drive. Now I bought an SSD and gave my device to a local store for replacing and clean installing windows 10. Somehow they installed...
  9. Microsoft Account Digital License?

Microsoft Account Digital License?: Hey, I wanted to ask how I know if my Microsoft account (which is specified as Admin in the Windows settings -> Accounts) has a Digital WIndows license, which I can use again on a new PC. Microsoft Konto Digitale Lizenz?
  10. windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account

windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account: Hi I have a laptop come with win 10 home single language, and I upgrade the win 10 to Pro by license kay, then I linked my Microsoft account, today I format my laptop and I installed a win 10 from Microsoft website, when I entered my Microsoft email I the win 10 account, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not activating via digital license

2. windows 10 not activating from microsoft account

3. activate windows using my account

4. windows digital key when not using microsoft account,
  5. cant activate windows new computer digital account,
  6. new laptop added to microsoft account cant activate windows