Windows 10: Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume.

Discus and support Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First I want to say if any MS support person suggests to update drivers I will slap them in the face, lol, jk. I have observed this with multiple USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Das Spaz, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Das Spaz Win User

Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume.

First I want to say if any MS support person suggests to update drivers I will slap them in the face, lol, jk.

I have observed this with multiple USB headsets and external USB sound devices.

USB-C and USB 3 headsets and docking stations.

In particular the XBOX USB controller adapter, as I have an Xbox gaming headset.

Which uses the latest drivers as provided by Microsoft.

But this is true for any USB device connected to the Operating System.

Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume. 6dfee7ea-8744-4865-b472-65398c22e090?upload=true.png

Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume. dc7ba814-25ac-4af4-b911-63c6020ba47c?upload=true.png

In both above examples the volume is muted globally, however the the Audio is still coming through the USB headsets.

Looks like there is a fundamental issue with global volume control in Windows 10.

The volume controls don't work for USB device.

The only way you can control volume is in the individual apps.

Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP, this has existed since 2015. Four years later this should not still be an issue.

Same issue has been described in 2015 here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-headset-volume-control-not-working/6569abe3-5a6f-43a0-ae7f-5fc11463f1aa

:)

Das Spaz, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Das Spaz Win User

First I want to say if any MS support person suggests to update drivers I will slap them in the face, lol, jk.

I have observed this with multiple USB headsets and external USB sound devices.

USB-C and USB 3 headsets and docking stations.

In particular the XBOX USB controller adapter, as I have an Xbox gaming headset.

Which uses the latest drivers as provided by Microsoft.

But this is true for any USB device connected to the Operating System.

Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume. 6dfee7ea-8744-4865-b472-65398c22e090?upload=true.png

Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume. dc7ba814-25ac-4af4-b911-63c6020ba47c?upload=true.png

In both above examples the volume is muted globally, however the the Audio is still coming through the USB headsets.

Looks like there is a fundamental issue with global volume control in Windows 10.

The volume controls don't work for USB device.

The only way you can control volume is in the individual apps.

Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP, this has existed since 2015. Four years later this should not still be an issue.

Same issue has been described in 2015 here.

USB headset volume control not working

Das Spaz, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Master volume for USB headset not working. Win10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that the USB Headset audio controller is not working. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to audio controller is corrupt. Try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you try to connect in different port and check f it helps. If the issue still persist try below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: category and click on Small icon.
    • Now click on troubleshooting and click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to un-install the audio controller from the Device Manager and check if helps. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter.
    • Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.
    • And right click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node related to USB headset and remove them at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

Hope this helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 25, 2019
  4. MarcLomba Win User

USB headset volume control not working

Hi,

I installed windows 10 and have a problem with my USB headset. I googled the problem and found no solutions.

The headset works fine but i can´t control the volume, the volume bar appears but does not work i can put the settings at 0 or 100% and the audio is always loud. I use speakers too and they work fine volume and all. I set the headset as active and as the
    default comunication but the audio bar just does nothing.

A few days ago a got some alternative drivers from Cmedia for windows 8 and they solved the problem, unfortunately i deleted them and cant find the website where i got them.

USB headset is a Genius HS-04U

Appreciate if anyone could help.

Sorry for the english, not my native language.

Thanks in advance.

MarcLomba, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume. - Similar Threads - change USB audio

2. Change audio balance on G935 headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change audio balance on G935 headset: I can't change the audio balance through the Properties menu, because there's no option to. This is not a problem with Windows, this issue has persisted across a clean install. Logitech G HUB does not have an option to change the balance....
  3. Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero: The headset with speakers and mic was working properly before certain Windows 10 updates but it is no longer working now. I used to plug in the headset when I wanted to use it and unplug it after use. Now when I plugged in the headset if the PC has already turned on, the...
  4. USB Audio device not controlled by windows volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Audio device not controlled by windows volume: Hi, My Windows volume controls aren't working when using a USB headset, but are when using a Bluetooth speaker. I have Turtle Beach Stealth 450's A USB wireless 7.1 headphones which have a on-board volume rocker. This is the only way I can adjust the output volume to the...
  5. pc audio lagging with usb headset.

pc audio lagging with usb headset.: straight to the point, i said it all in the title except for one thing. i have no other headsets so i cant test it out to see if its just the headset. also when the audio lags the video/game usually lags too non audio...
  6. Audio volume changes automatically

Audio volume changes automatically: When I am playing music on Windows Media Player and use some other apps,the sound volume changes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-changes-automatically/3618ca0a-b659-4f16-98f1-eac0e7068994
  7. Bluetooth Headset volume cant be changed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headset volume cant be changed: Hi guys, i have a jbl t500bt headset and for some reason i cant control the volume using windows volume slider or my keyboards control( it does show that the sound level has changed but i see no change) and weirdly enough the sound level changes when i use my headsets built...
  8. Headset usb controller volume not synced with pc audio level

Headset usb controller volume not synced with pc audio level: The audio volume that is coming from my headset isnt the same as what my computer says it is. It is able to go lower that 0%, which makes it so if i start raising the volume, i dont start hearing anything until maybe 50% and then it doesnt get to full volume unless i hold it...
  9. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume: Hello, I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error occurred" message but it showed that the firmware was updated. I was able to get my headset working fine but the issue I am...
  10. Audio Popping USB headset

Audio Popping USB headset: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the popping to occur. Its brief, but...