Windows 10: Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing

Discus and support Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The "Compressed folder" option does not appear in my "Send to" menu. I have searched extensively and the "Compressed zipped folder" file that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by q6c, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Q6C
    q6c Win User

Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing

The "Compressed folder" option does not appear in my "Send to" menu. I have searched extensively and the "Compressed zipped folder" file that is supposed to be in C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo is there and is not corrupt. I also tried the methods listed here https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/send-to-compressed-zipped-folder-missing.html, which are also listed on several other sites.Deleting the 0 kb "Bluetooth" file did not fix the problem.Using the administrator power shell and putting in the command did not work I tried it even though the file isn'

:)

2. No option to compress folder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

1. How exactly are you trying to compress the folder?

Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.

2. Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder.

A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.

If the issue persists then Perform
    System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

SFC scan:

1. Press Windows logo + X.

2. Select command prompt admin.

3. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ (without quotes) and press enter.

4. Restart your computer.

Refer link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2022
  4. pjsinjh Win User

Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing

Restore Missing Send To Compressed Zipped Folder in Send To Menu in Windows 10

Restore Missing Send To Compressed Zipped Folder in Send To Menu in Windows 10

pjsinjh, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing - Similar Threads - Send compressed folder

2. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]: [IMG]If you see The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid error when you try to extract the contents of the zipped file on your Windows 11/10 computer, then this post offers suggestions to help you resolve the issue. This error indicates that the zip file is corrupt,...
  3. Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing: The "Compressed folder" option does not appear in my "Send to" menu. I have searched extensively and the "Compressed zipped folder" file that is supposed to be in C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo is there and is not corrupt. I also tried the...
  4. Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Can not Send to compressed folder, have tried already published methods of fixing: The "Compressed folder" option does not appear in my "Send to" menu. I have searched extensively and the "Compressed zipped folder" file that is supposed to be in C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo is there and is not corrupt. I also tried the...
  5. windows 10 compress folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 compress folders: How can I fix windows 10 won't compress files with English and Cyrillic characters? Why does it tell me to rename the files that have Cyrillic names? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compress-folders/73647abd-921e-432f-8a48-aed295100884
  6. windows 10 compress folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compress folders: How can I fix windows 10 won't compress files with English and Cyrillic characters? Why does it tell me to rename the files that have Cyrillic names? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compress-folders/73647abd-921e-432f-8a48-aed295100884
  7. windows 10 compress folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  9. Compressed (zipped) folder is missing from Send to menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Compressed (zipped) folder is missing from Send to menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If the Send to menu is visible, but some particular item such as Compressed (zipped) folder is missing from the Send to menu in Windows 10, follow this post to fix the issue. If the Send to menu is not [...] This post Compressed (zipped) folder is missing...
  10. Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows The drives. Compressed (zipped) files and/or folders take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly...