Windows 10: Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update

Discus and support Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently announced that the rollout of Windows 10 May 2019 Update has reached another stage and update will be pushed out to outdated devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 20, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update

Microsoft recently announced that the rollout of Windows 10 May 2019 Update has reached another stage and update will be pushed out to outdated devices in late June. Microsoft is also planning to use Machine Learning (ML) to expand the availability of Windows 10 version 1903, but devices with incompatible software or hardware won’t receive the update.

It looks like Microsoft has recently added a new section to Windows Update page that would tell you whether or not the May 2019 Update is compatible with your PC or installed software.

If your computer is ready, you’ll see ‘Download and install now’ option, but on incompatible hardware, you’ll see incompatible device message instead of the traditional ‘You’re up to date’ heading.

“The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time,” the message reads and it also includes a link to Microsoft’s support website.

Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update Windows-10-version-1903-1.jpg

The above message appeared on one of our test machines with incompatible software and outdated drivers. It’s worth noting that a similar message is also displayed when you check for updates via Update Assistant tool.

While this is a small change, it is actually useful as users are no longer left in the cold.

The post Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2019
  4. londiste Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - notify ready May

2. May 2019 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Windows 10 Update: At start up, Tips for the update were on my screen. Where do I find them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-windows-10-update/0afc9357-6c27-4b57-8f34-ba392a3f47f9
  3. When will Windows 10 May 2019 update be ready for the Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will Windows 10 May 2019 update be ready for the Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop?: This is talking about when the Windows 10 May 2019 Update will be ready for the Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-windows-10-may-2019-update-be-ready-for/7e3ac390-256c-41d5-9ba1-4200261e782c
  4. May 2019 update for windows 10

May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  5. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available for more users: The debut of Windows 10 May 2019 Update marks the launch of exciting features like Sandbox and nifty performance improvements. In late May 2019, Microsoft released the Windows 10 feature update to a limited number of devices and after determining the feedback, the software...
  6. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  7. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  8. "May 2019 Update" or 1903 is NOW available!

"May 2019 Update" or 1903 is NOW available!: I am now running 1903 & you can, too It was so quick, easy, smooth & painless. Took the for a walk, was done upon our return. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available: Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now rolling out to the seekers (advanced users) and the company will make the May 2019 Update more broadly available in the coming weeks. In the announcement post, Microsoft revealed that Windows 10 version 1903 is only available for customers...
  10. Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready: This morning (update Tuesday) I was checking my systems to launch the updates and as I always do, I checked the Windows 10 Update App and it said my update was 'almost' there. Well after all of today's updates were done, I went into the Windows 8 Update status in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready youll see the update available on this page. Theres nothing you need to do at this time.

2. The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready youll see the update available on this page. Theres nothing you need to do at this

3. why is my windows 10 not ready to update

4. the windows 10 may 2019 update is on its way. were offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it.,
  5. The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it,
  6. vThe Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready youll see the update available on this page. Theres nothing you need to do at this time.,
  7. windows is not ready for installation,
  8. windows 10 may update - pc not ready for it,
  9. The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way Were offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it Once your device is ready youll see the update available on this page Theres nothing you need to do at this,
  10. why is my device not ready for 10 may 2019 windows 10 update version 1903,
  11. not ready for windows 10 2019 may update,
  12. windows update we are offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready yet,
  13. windows 10 update pc not ready,
  14. what to do if your pc is not compatible with windows 10 update,
  15. ere offering this update to compatible devices but your device isnt quite ready for it. once your device is ready youll see the update available on this page