Windows 10: Windows 10 can see Windows 7 computers and folder, but says i do not have permission

Discus and support Windows 10 can see Windows 7 computers and folder, but says i do not have permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have shared the files and folders on the 7 device. The 10 can "see" them, by cannot access. I think there is a glitch with permissions on the 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryBronson, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 can see Windows 7 computers and folder, but says i do not have permission

I have shared the files and folders on the 7 device.

The 10 can "see" them, by cannot access.

I think there is a glitch with permissions on the 7 computer

It was very nice of Windows to discontinue homegroup and make this complicated, lol

:)

HenryBronson, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 can see Windows 7 computers and folder, but says i do not have permission

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 can see Windows 7 computers and folder, but says i do not have permission

1. Windows 10 can see Windows 7 computers and folder, but says i do not have permission - Similar Threads - computers folder says

2. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not have permissions to save files in folders.: So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-permissions-to-save-files-in-folders/9740be92-fac7-4892-a49c-55036de0c028
  3. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have permissions to save files in folders.: So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-permissions-to-save-files-in-folders/9740be92-fac7-4892-a49c-55036de0c028
  4. I suddenly do not have permissions to a particular folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suddenly do not have permissions to a particular folder: I suddenly do not have permissions to a particular folder! I created a video project and saved all the files and the project file to a particular folder but now when I try to open the project file which I had been earlier successfully able to open I get the following...
  5. I suddenly do not have permissions to a particular folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I suddenly do not have permissions to a particular folder: I suddenly do not have permissions to a particular folder! I created a video project and saved all the files and the project file to a particular folder but now when I try to open the project file which I had been earlier successfully able to open I get the following...
  6. Do not have permission to move folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do not have permission to move folders: I am trying to move a folder from D drive to E drive but when I do, it says that I do not have permission to do so. How do I change these permissions? This is my personal laptop and I am the one who moved the folders into D drive in the first place. The folders are 'Program...
  7. why don't I have permission to see some shared folders?

why don't I have permission to see some shared folders?: I've long since shared documents, music and pictures on my central computer. My old laptop can still see all of them. My new computer can see the documents, but not the pictures or the music. I get the message Windows cannot access \\central computer\Pictures. You don't...
  8. windows 7 can not see windows 10

windows 7 can not see windows 10: I got a new computer with Windows 10 18363. how can i get my windows 7 computers see it in the network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-can-not-see-windows-10/e03f3529-6eed-453e-a1da-9f71123cb2fc
  9. Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions: Hi guys! I have an external drive with a lot of files (about 2,000,000 files). For about 500 of them (which are all located in sub-folders of the same folder), Windows 10 says I don't have the permissions to access the files no matter which application I use to try to open...
  10. windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can

windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can: I recently added a Windows 7 computer to my home network running Windows 7 Pro. My Windows 10 Pro computer can see and access files on the new computer, but my Windows 10 Home computer can not. The new computer shows up in the network, but when I click on it I receive a...