Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to access a Win 7 share from Win 10 - note: a Win 7 can access a Win 10 share Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cityofmiss, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Trying to access a Win 7 share from Win 10 - note: a Win 7 can access a Win 10 share

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

both machines in same Workgroup, same subnet and gateway
    ping works between

Try to map a drive and use Browse
    server is there but I get Network error Windows cannot access \\server
    error code: ox80070035
    The network path was not found

Looked everywhere for an answer without success - I know homegroup is gone in Windows 10 but removing functionality?!?!?!

:)

cityofmiss, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

1. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share - Similar Threads - cannot access share

2. Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10: I have a QNAP NAS connected in my LAN having a name (nas-name) and an IP (nas-ip). After a brand new W10 PC entered my network I got the 'Windows Cannot access \\nas-ip" error when typing \\nas-ip in explorer. All other PCs can access the NAS folder tree in explorer though. I...
  3. Accessing Windows 7 share folder

Accessing Windows 7 share folder: Hi there! I have a Windows 10 Pro computer W10P from which I would like to connect to a share folder on my Windows 7 W7 computer but I can't get it to work: [ATTACH] Same network, etc. etc., the machines are able to ping each other. I also have a Windows 10 Home W10H...
  4. Windows 10 unable to access shared folder of windows 7

Windows 10 unable to access shared folder of windows 7: On a windows 10, I am not able to access a shared folder from a local machine, although network sharing and discovery settings are set to enable. Also, I can ping the remote machine. That machine is windows 7, and other windows 7 machines are able to access that. Should I do...
  5. File Sharing "Windows cannot access"

File Sharing "Windows cannot access": Problem: Only some clients cannot connect to Shared folder Configuration: My clients want to map network drive to connect the folder which is on my computer. One of my clients can connect, however, other 2 clients cannot connect by getting "Windows cannot access" error....
  6. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  7. Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7

Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7: We recently had 2 new computers built in house, both with Windows 10 OS. Our main computer that we use for shared files runs on Windows 7. After connecting both new Win 10 computers to network, one had immediate access to shared files and hasn't missed a beat, however the...
  8. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...
  9. Cannot access Windows 10 Share

Cannot access Windows 10 Share: Hello I am having trouble networking 2 Windows 10 computers together on my network. This is kind of odd, I have a Windows 7 PC that can hit the file share with no issues. And on the troubled computer I can access the shares on the Windows 7 PC. But the Windows 10...
  10. Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?: Have a NET SHARE W$=W:\ on Windows 10 Have a NET USE w: L: \\win10pc\w$ on Windows 7 Used to be able to connect and save my backups there etc. This morning, I get status: Unavailable in Windows 7 as reported by NET USE same for all my other shares between the two. Both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows cannot access \\ComputerName but can access \\ComputerName\Share

2. windows 7 cannot access windows 10 shares

3. access windows 7 share from windows 10

4. why win 10 come out this error message windows cannot access