Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cannot access/ping private IP range (LAN)

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cannot access/ping private IP range (LAN) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue which started only recently. I can access the internet fine, able to connect to sites, ping google DNS etc. What I cannot do is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zolk, Jul 7, 2018.

1. zolk Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot access/ping private IP range (LAN)

Hi,

I have an issue which started only recently.

I can access the internet fine, able to connect to sites, ping google DNS etc.

What I cannot do is access any of my local devices in my LAN.

When attempting to connect to my router from my browser (I have tried all browsers) I get an error, Chrome error states "Your access is blocked, firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection".

When I attempt to ping the router I get General Failure error as per below.

ping 192.168.1.254

Pinging 192.168.1.254 with 32 bytes of data:
    General failure.
    General failure.
    General failure.
    General failure.

I have many other devices in my LAN such as NAS, Citrix Xen server which is all not accessible only from this one machine, so this is not a router related issue (I have also attempted to reboot the router) and can confirm other devices like my phone can access my router.

I have tried a multitude of commands to reset my network adaptors and TCP/IP, flushing my DNS and restarting Winsock, but all to no avail.

I have also tried both WiFi and USB to ethernet adapter and have the same results, tried disabling my firewall also.

It appears there is some sort of corruption that is blacklisting any private IP range as I have tried devices in both the 192.168.x.x and 10.1.1.x subnet.

I am running Windows 10 Home on a Dell XPS 9550 and wondering if anybody else has this issue or has had this issue and what can be done to resolve. None of the automated network troubleshooting tools work for this issue and so far Google has provided me only the commands to reset TCP/IP and Winsock, which all have not worked.

Regards

Zol.

:)

zolk, Jul 7, 2018

2. Asus RT-AC88U problem with public ip starting with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

10.x subnets are quite common. Everyone seems to think that 10.x or 172.x subnets or anything other than 192.168.x.x. = public IP when there's actually 3 private IP ranges in use on IPv4 protocol.

Most enterprises actually use the 10.x.x.x

I use all 3 for each VLAN to make it easy to tell which VLAN a device is on.

• 10.0.0.0/8 IP addresses: 10.0.0.0 -- 10.255.255.255.
    • 172.16.0.0/12 IP addresses: 172.16.0.0 -- 172.31.255.255.
    • 192.168.0.0/16 IP addresses: 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255.

remixedcat, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    suddenly cannot ping outside lan

Hi Peter,

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I appreciate the efforts which you took to get the issue fixed.

Method 1: Update Network Adapter.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Network Adapter and click on
      Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and select Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Method 2: Reset TCP/IP.

Please follow the steps below:

1. On the Search bar type “cmd” and click
    ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt.

a. To Reset WINSOCK entries, type netsh winsock reset catalog and click Enter.

b. To Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack, type netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    and click Enter
    c. To Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack, type netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
    and click Enter.

Please revert if you face any issues with pinging address outside the LAN.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 7, 2018
  4. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused Windows 10 - Cannot access/ping private IP range (LAN) :confused:

bencrutz, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Cannot access/ping private IP range (LAN) - Similar Threads - Cannot access ping

2. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  3. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...: I purchased two identical refurbished Windows 10 Dell PC's at basically the same time days apart. They are part of a workgroup in my small office that are all connected through a router, large switch and wired. This group of computers has existed for 10 plus years and each...
  4. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...: I purchased two identical refurbished Windows 10 Dell PC's at basically the same time days apart. They are part of a workgroup in my small office that are all connected through a router, large switch and wired. This group of computers has existed for 10 plus years and each...
  5. Windows 10 PC Can Ping IP address of Network Copier, but cannot see or access a simple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot access SQLEXPRESS on LAN

Cannot access SQLEXPRESS on LAN: After updating to Windows 10 Pro 64 build 2004, we're having issues with sharing files. Computer A can see files on Computer B, but Computer B, though showing Computer A in Network always issues error \\Computer B path not found. Any suggestions?...
  7. Firewall: How can i allow a programm to communicate only in LAN (IP range)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall: How can i allow a programm to communicate only in LAN (IP range)?: Since i tried a virtual machine i have 2 IP adresses that some programms use. I use RemoteMouse (iOS App) to control my PC and since VM (and 2 IP adresses, default and new virtual switch) the use becomes laggy. I see in Ressourcemonitor it is using/listening/sending on the...
  8. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  9. win 10 cannot access network. ping is good.

win 10 cannot access network. ping is good.: win 10 cannot access network ping good * Original title: Khaled zaki https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-cannot-access-network-ping-is-good/9ff24581-68d2-436e-b71c-59db969a5d61
  10. Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet

Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet: Hi guys I'm lost. My laptop (win10) is currently connected on wifi through my router to the internet. All working. However, I cant ping, see, connect to my nas or any other device inside my LAN. Using other devices (iphone, imac, nas), they can all see eachother while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot access/ping private IP range (LAN)