Windows 10: Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All my company purchase new PC with Win10 but i cannot access our old Server Windows 2000, i tried enable SMBv1, NLM Security, Encryption 128Bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Archers Wong, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive

Hi All

my company purchase new PC with Win10 but i cannot access our old Server Windows 2000, i tried enable SMBv1, NLM Security, Encryption 128Bit etc still work, keep prompt user name password incorrect, did not support anymore?

:)

Archers Wong, Oct 25, 2019

2. Unable to access the C drive on any Server 2000 or 2003 box from windows 10 Pro

I have a Windows 10 Pro PC that up until recently was able to access the C$ drive on all of our legacy Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Now when I try I get "System error 67 has occurred, The network name cannot be found" This is only effecting Server 2000
    and 2003 boxes. I can access anything running 2008 and up.

I can ping the boxes but not able to do a start run L:
    \\server\c$

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on A domain with admin rights.,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mike Edelmayer, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Ross211 Win User
    Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive

1. Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Server

2. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  3. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  4. Cannot access network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access network drive: I have a Surface Go with Windows 10. I have a HDD plugged into my router and have been able to access it through Windows Explorer with no problem. Now it will not appear in Windows Explorer. I can access it with an app on my phone so I know the drive is working. I have tried...
  5. Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip

Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip: I have a Server and a few windows 10 computers in my office. Usually i can access the server network from all computers by typing \\"servername". I restarted the server today morning and after that two of my windows 10 computers dont connect to server when I type...
  6. Cannot access folders on server - domain network

Cannot access folders on server - domain network: I am unable to access folders on my office domain server from my laptop, but can access devices. When I try to connect to the network drives I get a dialog box telling me that I don't have adequate permissions, but I definitely do, and can access everything from any other PC...
  7. Networking Windows 2000 to Windows 10

Networking Windows 2000 to Windows 10: Hello, We had to upgrade a machine to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now our Legacy Windows 2000 machine cannot access a shared drive on the Windows 2000 machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!...
  8. windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server

windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server: on my windows 10 computer can not map a drive on windows server 2012 this compute can ping server this computer was able to map drives before what ever changed...
  9. Cannot access a shared directory on a Windows 2000 Server from a Windows 10 machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot access a shared directory on a Windows 2000 Server from a Windows 10 machine: I cannot access a shared directory on a Windows 2000 Server from a Windows 10 machine. I am however able to access it from my Windows 7 machine. After reading about this issue I found that it might be because the Windows 10 machine security policy “Network security:Minimum...
  10. Cannot access Network drive by IP

Cannot access Network drive by IP: As the title, my Windows 10 Enterprise PC cannot access to my company's network storage at \\10.63.0.250. In the previous edition like windows 7 or 8, I can access easily by enter \\10.63.0.250 in the Address box in File Explorer or in Run windows (Window button + R)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 will not allow access to mapped Server 2000

2. windows 10 cannot access windows 2000