Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 if that matters. Almost a month ago ~ Sept 5, 2020, I started to have this error. After a few days trying to search for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarmillaHa, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 if that matters. Almost a month ago ~ Sept 5, 2020, I started to have this error. After a few days trying to search for a solution, using ipconfig/release and /renew, then make the new assigned ID a static ID is the solution for me. However, the same error will appear if I change to another network. Is there anyway to fix this permanently? Before anyone tell me to just turn automatically assign an IP address on, I had it on initially, it didn't work like it's supposed to so I have to assign a static IP.

It appeared in the morning so I'm kind of assuming it's from an update? But I tried uninstalling 1-2 most recent updates just the quality updates and nothing change...

:)

CarmillaHa, Sep 27, 2020
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically :confused:

bencrutz, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 27, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

1. Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically - Similar Threads - cannot assign address

2. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  3. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  4. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  6. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  7. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  9. Automatically Change IP Address

Automatically Change IP Address: Where i work at i am constantly having to switch between wireless networks. In 1 network my laptop is able to be setup in DHCP mode. In the other networks my laptop has to be setup with a fixed IP address that is different per network. Is there a way to setup the computer so...
  10. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses: Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes. 29149