Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot boot after delete Linux

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot boot after delete Linux in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I just deleted linux in order to free some space on my desktop note that I installed linux after windows to tried it out, so it is a dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Minh Khôi Cao, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 cannot boot after delete Linux

Hello. I just deleted linux in order to free some space on my desktop note that I installed linux after windows to tried it out, so it is a dual boot Windows/linux. Everything worked fine after that. But when I turned on my desktop this morning and it said operating system not found. I’m kinda surprised since my desktop worked fine just the night before. How to fix this error? I have watched some tutorials online about fixing MBR but none work. I really cannot reinstall windows now because there are some important project I am currently working on now it directly affect my job and that project still in drive C. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

:)

Minh Khôi Cao, Jun 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 cannot boot after delete Linux

Linux deleted boot file of Windows 10

Hey Guys!

I really need your help. So, I've installed Kali Linux on my Acer Aspire V17 nitro and it ran perfectly. Then i accidentely deleted the boot file from Windows 10!!! Is there a way to get it back - I mean for free???

GRUB - the DUAL-BOOT-system doesn't show the Windows 10 - boot...

Thank you for all the support!

FlorianKainberger, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot boot after delete Linux

1. Windows 10 cannot boot after delete Linux - Similar Threads - cannot boot delete

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Unfortunately deleted Linux , can't boot windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unfortunately deleted Linux , can't boot windows: I have Lenovo laptop with windows 10 and Linux I have unfortunately deleted the partition of Linux, so I can't boot windows it's showing grub rescue unknown file system. Please help me to boot windows or tell me another way to boot, to use windows....
  5. Windows 10 not opening after dual booting linux.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not opening after dual booting linux.: I only had windows 10. After dual booting ubuntu, now ubuntu is running fine but I am unable to open windows. In the grub menu 4 options are coming 1. Ubuntu 2. Ubuntu adcanced options 3. Windows boot manager 4. Uefi. I m clicking windows boot manager but then its again...
  6. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  7. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  8. Cannot boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10 after installing Kali Linux

Cannot boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10 after installing Kali Linux: Since I have installed Kali Linux I have not been able to boot into safe mode. I really want to boot to safe mode because it's faster since I only use it for programming scripts....
  9. Linux deleted boot file of Windows 10

Linux deleted boot file of Windows 10: Hey Guys! I really need your help. So, I've installed Kali Linux on my Acer Aspire V17 nitro and it ran perfectly. Then i accidentely deleted the boot file from Windows 10!!! Is there a way to get it back - I mean for free??? GRUB - the DUAL-BOOT-system doesn't show the...
  10. Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted

Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted: hello My Samsung 1TB portable harddisk was not being detected soI was searching online for a solution. And without thinking much i followed this guide which asked me to delete the upper and lower filters of the 4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 registry. "...