Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot boot. Cannot run bootrec /rebuildbcd

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot boot. Cannot run bootrec /rebuildbcd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my computer had a BSOD and upon rebooting, it doesn't boot into Windows anymore. It reboot loops when trying to load Windows circle with dots. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nfshp253, Mar 14, 2020.

1. nfshp253 Win User

Windows 10 cannot boot. Cannot run bootrec /rebuildbcd

Hi, my computer had a BSOD and upon rebooting, it doesn't boot into Windows anymore. It reboot loops when trying to load Windows circle with dots. I've entered recovery and tried to use the following commands in Command Prompt:

bootrec /fixmbr --> Ok

bootrec /fixboot --> Access is denied

bootrec /rebuildbcd --> Total identified Windows installations: 1, The requested system device cannot be identified due to multiple indistiguishable devices potentially matching the identification criteria.

To solve the fixboot problem, I've tried the instructions here but to no avail:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-bootrec-fixboot-access-is-denied-in-windows-10

To solve the rebuildbcd problem, I've tried the instructions below but again to no avail:

https://superuser.com/questions/725322/issue-with-a-windows-7-boot-issue-involving-the-bcd-perhaps

Can someone help me get my computer running again? I've tried multiple recovery tools but none of them has fixed the issue.

Running bcdedit /enum gives the following:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.

The requested system device cannot be identified due to multiple indistinguishable devices potentially matching the identification criteria.

:)

nfshp253, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Boot

In the bootrec.jpg image:

Rebuildbcd found 1 copy outside of the windows store.

Total identified Windows installations: 1

Repeat the steps in the image:

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Add installation to boot list? Yes/No/All:

type: Y

then enter key

It should display :

The operation completed successfully. (The BCD rebuild is complete.)

reboot

It it works that will complete the troubleshooting.

If it fails then it may be able to be rebuilt with additional steps.

questions_, Mar 14, 2020
  3. bootrec /rebuildbcd errors

I am in the Windows recovery mode cmdline. After I type bootrec /rebuildbcd and hit 'y' and 'n' accordingly to adjust my boot configs, I get the following error:

Proprietary Softwares, Mar 14, 2020
  4. powerlien Win User

bootrec /scanos or bootrec /rebuildbcd not working

I'm getting an odd issue where if I run either command, they don't run all the way through. bootrec /scanos doesn't tell me how many (if any) installations of Windows were found, and bootrec /rebuildbcd tells me it might take a while, but then quits after
    a few seconds with no other words.

Might be worth nothing that bootrec /fixboot returned as having denied access.

Any thoughts?

powerlien, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot boot. Cannot run bootrec /rebuildbcd - Similar Threads - cannot boot Cannot

2. understanding bootrec fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    understanding bootrec fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd.: I've been trying to find an explanation of what the mbr, boot record and bcd store are.I've seen info like this ..https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-bootrec-exe-in-the-windows-re-to-troubleshoot-startup-issues-902ebb04-daa3-4f90-579f-0fbf51f7dd5dand I understand I...
  3. understanding bootrec fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    understanding bootrec fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd.: I've been trying to find an explanation of what the mbr, boot record and bcd store are.I've seen info like this ..https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-bootrec-exe-in-the-windows-re-to-troubleshoot-startup-issues-902ebb04-daa3-4f90-579f-0fbf51f7dd5dand I understand I...
  4. Can executing "bootrec /RebuildBCD" make a booting PC to not boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can executing "bootrec /RebuildBCD" make a booting PC to not boot?: Hello, I have an issue executing the Defender Offline Scan. If I try to execute it via the PowerShell I get the following error: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6 PS...
  5. bootrec /scanos or bootrec /rebuildbcd not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootrec /scanos or bootrec /rebuildbcd not working: Hello recently my system got a BSOD while downloading something which led to corruption of system files, i was able to correct them using sfc/scannow and chkdsk /s /r , i can boot into windows normally but whenever i try to boot into windows recovery environment, i get the...
  6. "bootrec /scanos" not working, "bootrec /rebuildbcd" not working, "bootrec /FixBoot" not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "bootrec /scanos" not working, "bootrec /rebuildbcd" not working, "bootrec /FixBoot" not...: This answer from last year seemed to address the non-booting issue, but completely ignores the original problem statement, "Might be worth nothing that bootrec /fixboot returned as having denied access."...
  7. windows 10 bootrec /rebuildbcd no result

windows 10 bootrec /rebuildbcd no result: Hi everyone, I had 3 OS on my computer, Windows 10, Windows 8 and Ubuntu. Because I didn't use it anymore, I messed up deleting the partition containing Ubuntu, so now the computer starts in 'grub rescue mode'. What I want to do is recovering the Windows bootloader to have...
  8. Windows 10 cannot boot. Cannot run bootrec /fixboot access denied

Windows 10 cannot boot. Cannot run bootrec /fixboot access denied: Hi, my computer had a BSOD and upon rebooting, it doesn't boot into Windows anymore. It reboot loops when trying to load Windows circle with dots. I've entered recovery and tried to use the following commands in Command Prompt: bootrec /fixmbr --> Ok bootrec /fixboot -->...
  9. bootrec /rebuildbcd errors

bootrec /rebuildbcd errors: I am in the Windows recovery mode cmdline. After I type bootrec /rebuildbcd and hit 'y' and 'n' accordingly to adjust my boot configs, I get the following error: The system cannot find the path specified...
  10. bootrec /scanos or bootrec /rebuildbcd not working

bootrec /scanos or bootrec /rebuildbcd not working: I'm getting an odd issue where if I run either command, they don't run all the way through. bootrec /scanos doesn't tell me how many (if any) installations of Windows were found, and bootrec /rebuildbcd tells me it might take a while, but then quits after a few seconds with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rebuildbcd cannot find the path specified

2. rebuild bcd the system cannot find the path specified

3. bootrec system cannot find the path specified

4. windows 10 bootrec the system cannot find the file specified,
  5. bootrec cannot find the file specified,
  6. bcd cannot find the file specified,
  7. bootrec the system cannot find the file specified,
  8. bootrec /rebuildbcd the system cannot find the file specified,
  9. bootrec add to list cant find path,
  10. bootrec the system cannot find the path specified,
  11. bootrec /rebuildbcd cannot find the path specified,