Windows 10: Windows 10 Cannot Boot - "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi not found"

Discus and support Windows 10 Cannot Boot - "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi not found" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have a Dell XPS 13 (9350) and was trying to update my Windows 10 install and it borked my dual-boot system. I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aahmad, Oct 18, 2017.

1. aahmad Win User

Windows 10 Cannot Boot - "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi not found"

Hello Everyone,

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9350) and was trying to update my Windows 10 install and it borked my dual-boot system. I was trying to install the Win10 Fall Update, and increased my GPT (EFI) partition to be able to install it, and now my computer will not boot:
    Imgur

I found the following document on how to repair EFI partitions:
    https://www.easeus.com/partition-man...8-7.html#part5

However, when trying to repair the EFI partition, I get an access is denied when trying to run the "bootrec /fixboot" command.

Can anyone help me out please ASAP? This is my computer for school! =(

Thanks!

:)

aahmad, Oct 18, 2017

2. BCD error: "missing or contains errors" yet the same BCD boots successfully from a USB stick

I've copied the EFI boot partition for my Windows 10 installation to another disk. If I try to boot from that other disk (by running EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi in the EFI shell), I get error code 0xc0000225 with a message similar to the following:

Windows failed to start...

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

But... If I recursively copy the EFI folder from that same disk (the one I couldn't boot from) to a usb stick, I can boot from the usb stick with no error (once again, running bootmgfw.efi in the EFI shell). This tells me that the BCD exists
    and isn't corrupt; indeed, the contents of the file system on the usb stick should be identical to the one on the disk that produced the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brett S.

BrettStahlman, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Blank light blue screen on boot in Windows 10 after Bitlocker encyption

I've had 1 machine this hasn't worked on...

Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga

I get this:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>bfsvc.exe %windir%#boot /v

BFSVC: ServiceBootFiles MuiOnly:n Res:y Fonts:y BootMgrOvw:nBootStatOvw:n DbgTransports:y CreateSetupObj:n

BFSVC: Unable to open file C:\WINDOWS#boot\Resources\BOOTRES.DLL for read because the file or path does not exist

BFSVC Warning: Failed to determine source OS version.

BFSVC: Unable to open file C:\WINDOWS#boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi for read because the file or path does not exist

BFSVC Error: Failed to validate boot manager checksum (C:\WINDOWS#boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi)! Error code = 0xc1

SamPugmire, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Cannot Boot - "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi not found"

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following commands will repair Master Boot Record (MBR), Boot Sector and BCD Store.

Code: Bootrec /FixMbr Bootrec /FixBoot Bootrec /RebuildBcd[/quote]

FreeBooter, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Cannot Boot - "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi not found"

1. Windows 10 Cannot Boot - "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi not found" - Similar Threads - Cannot Boot EFI

2. Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?: I have created bootable media with GPT mode.My previous version of Windows is Windows 7, which is corrupted. And when I wanted to install windows 10, after selecting the media the error is showing like:- efi\boot\bootx64.efi' 14 file not found.. kindly help...
  3. Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?: I have created bootable media with GPT mode.My previous version of Windows is Windows 7, which is corrupted. And when I wanted to install windows 10, after selecting the media the error is showing like:- efi\boot\bootx64.efi' 14 file not found.. kindly help...
  4. Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD: Hello Everyone.I was trying to boot into Windows 10 via USB, but I keep getting this error:Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your...
  6. EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD: Hello Everyone.I was trying to boot into Windows 10 via USB, but I keep getting this error:Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your...
  7. EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error: Hi there, I have installed windows 10 pro on a ssd nvme m.2 and I have used it for few weeks without any problemit is a win to go with an adapter for USB. After an windows update I got this error: ,,could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi'' and cannot use it anymore. I want to...
  9. "Windows" or "EFI boot" ?

"Windows" or "EFI boot" ?: I used to run only Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro 13" mid 2012 non-retina. Today I upgraded to an SSD and though of doing a fresh install of windows. I made a bootable usb through media creation tool. Now, when I installed my ssd and plugged in the usb, it showed me two options...
  10. Windows Boot Manager EFI

Windows Boot Manager EFI: I have 3 entries of Windows Boot Manager in my Bios. Has Windows created them as I can't seem to reduce the number to 1 in the Bios. I have tried clearing the Bios, removing the backup battery and flashing a previous Bios version but they all remain. I suspect they could be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. /efi/microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi not found

2. failed to validate boot manager checksum

3. windows boot manager bootmgfw.img not found

4. failed to determine source os version,
  5. windows 10 x64 BFSVC: Unable to open file \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Boot\bootmgr for read because the file or path does not exist,
  6. Bfsvc warning: failed to determine source os version,
  7. efi shell the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors 0xc00000f,
  8. harddiskvolume1 boot partition path not found,
  9. unable to open file bootmgr,
  10. Unable to open file v:\windows\boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi for read because the file or path does not exist,
  11. BFSVC Warning: Failed to flush system partition. Error = [5],
  12. grub /efi/microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi not found,
  13. how command boot\bootmgfw.efi,
  14. if efi file does not exist,
  15. efi boot bootx64.efi not found