Windows 10: Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone

Discus and support Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer is set in Pacific Time, and when I try to change it to Eastern, I select it from the drop down and it changes back once the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Josiah Bloomer, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone

My Windows 10 computer is set in Pacific Time, and when I try to change it to Eastern, I select it from the drop down and it changes back once the time syncs. There is no option to set the time manually.

:)

Josiah Bloomer, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone

Tech Guy Guide, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone

1. Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Zone

2. cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change time zone: The time zone was set automatically and is an hour behind. I cannot change it even when logged in as administrator. I have tried doing it through the control panel and CMD. For some reason regardless of if the time is set manually or automatically, i cannot have it adjust to...
  3. cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change time zone: The time zone was set automatically and is an hour behind. I cannot change it even when logged in as administrator. I have tried doing it through the control panel and CMD. For some reason regardless of if the time is set manually or automatically, i cannot have it adjust to...
  4. Cannot change time zone on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change time zone on Windows 11: I am on Windows 11 Home on an administrator account, and the option to change the time zone is grayed out even though my time zone is wrong.Even trying to do it through control panel and command prompt doesn't work.I don't know how to fix the time zone. Can anybody help?...
  5. Cannot change time zone on Windows 11

Cannot change time zone on Windows 11: I am on Windows 11 Home on an administrator account, and the option to change the time zone is grayed out even though my time zone is wrong.Even trying to do it through control panel and command prompt doesn't work.I don't know how to fix the time zone. Can anybody help?...
  6. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  7. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  8. Cannot change time zone

9. Windows 10 Change Time Zone

Windows 10 Change Time Zone: I just got a new laptop and the timezone is wrong. It gives me an error message when I try to change it telling me I don’t have permission and to log in as Administrator. I am the Administrator. I saw a CMD command suggested somewhere, but I need the EXACT command for Eastern...
  10. Cannot change time zone

Cannot change time zone: When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window When I tried to change in date and time option i got a dialogue box saying "Your changes can not be saved " I tried a lot but cant do anything Plz plz help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change windows 10 time zone

2. cannot change time in windows 10

3. cannot change time zone windows 10