Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 6 month old Acer aio desktop - I am not tech saving having age and gender against me!! So, came with Windows 10 Pre-installed and all updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ladylouisaC, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot

I have a 6 month old Acer aio desktop - I am not tech saving having age and gender against me!!

So, came with Windows 10 Pre-installed and all updates are applied automatically. As above I am unable to give you my Windows Version number as I have no access.

After several updates 10/11 February, I was gradually losing all my Task Bar icons and programs no longer worked, including Windows Store where I was being advised to re-download my apps.

So following various forum posts, I first deleted all updates after 31st January 2020 as I knew it was ok then, oh and incidentally I do have Mcafee full security Program and Malawarebytes, and use CC. no problems previously.

After re-boot follow the above, still more apps were lost/not working, so I took the decision to do a full clean install following instructions here, and on my computer.

It took many hours but eventually I got a blue screen telling me Windows could not re-install because of something missing, it suggested I connected to the internet to download whatever was missing and it found my Wi Fi and asked me to input my Password. It then went into a loop but on the second and subsequent attempts did not giving me the chance to put any Wi Fi info into the computer.

So, my question is, where to go from here, is it Windows or the Computer, as said before it is only 6 months old. I am in the UK.

:)

ladylouisaC, Feb 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2020
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot

1. Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot - Similar Threads - cannot complete boot

2. Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......: Two problems fixed but now, computers on my home network cannot be seen. Media streaming works but computers, including my laptop which is the main computer is not shown in the network list. All my drives on private network are shared. Discovery is on. Password is off. It's...
  3. Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......: Two problems fixed but now, computers on my home network cannot be seen. Media streaming works but computers, including my laptop which is the main computer is not shown in the network list. All my drives on private network are shared. Discovery is on. Password is off. It's...
  4. Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to format Windows 10 completely and re-Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to format Windows 10 completely and re-Install: Could please help on the steps on How to format Windows 10 completely and re-Install the windows 10 Home again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-windows-10-completely-and-re-install/5409366a-48eb-46e5-b869-16647c5e257f
  6. Windows 10 - doesn't boot completely

Windows 10 - doesn't boot completely: My Windows 10 laptop hangs on startup. It will let me enter the password, then it goes to a light-blue screen and will not boot further. So I cannot access anything on the computer, or download anything. I'm anything but an expert, but that light-blue screen looks like the...
  7. re install win 10 completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    re install win 10 completely: computer down need to make usb installation stick to re install win 10 completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-win-10-completely/ee96a7ac-fa68-4750-8c31-0a2417ee12fb
  8. Re-install of Windows 10 on a system where it is corrupted and cannot be booted

Re-install of Windows 10 on a system where it is corrupted and cannot be booted: My situation is this. I have an SSD that got corrupted during a Windows update. I have rebuilt the boot partition, but it still won't boot. I also have a clean Windows install on a HD. If I boot from the HD, I can see the SSD in File Explorer and all data files appear to be...
  9. Complete re-install of Windows 10

Complete re-install of Windows 10: How can I re-install Windows completely, the PC came with Windows 7, I upgraded to 10 when it was free, Windows 10 is not working right. Mail, Cortana, display and other features, all data is backed up, would like not to re-install other personal programs....
  10. Windows 10 (re)boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (re)boot.: Hello, When I (re)boot Windows 10 Pro version 1804, first of all, a black screen appears asking which OS to start up and after choosing Windows 10 (the only one mentioned) a blue screen appears with startup settings and asking to choose a F-key. With F8, the boot process...