Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Windows experts, Recently my Win10 PC suddently couldn't connect to bluetooth. The speaker/headset are shown as paired but not connected. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cindy2018, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Cindy2018 Win User

Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service

Hi Windows experts,

Recently my Win10 PC suddently couldn't connect to bluetooth. The speaker/headset are shown as paired but not connected.

Tried many methods and none worked. (Remove device and pair again, reinstall bluetooth driver, update Windows, etc.)

After researching online, I found that there is no "Bluetooth HandsFree service" in my Services:

Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service d3519cfe-e2e8-4012-a073-1d6176f579b3?upload=true.jpg

I tried to recover it by downloading BthHFSrv.dll and put under System32 folder and register the service, but the registration failed with error code as below:

Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service 7787ec0d-59f1-45dc-a529-14f505f59cf1?upload=true.jpg

Could you please help to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Cindy

:)

Cindy2018, Dec 26, 2018

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Dec 26, 2018
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service

Bluetooth - How to install it

Long, long threads about the 2015 / 2016 "bug" that Bluetooth would not be banished from Action Center, etc., BUT my laptop does not show BT in the Device Manager and I seem unable to download a driver from the mfg. (Acer) and install that.

This Acer laptop came with Win7 - at the appropriate moment it was upgraded to Win10 x64 Home, and is now ver 1607, OS build 14343.1480.

Instead of worrying about how to shut off Bluetooth I have discovered a useful BT device which also wants to be connected to USB (which I understand is normal) so I want to install BT.

I have downloaded Acer drivers, so called, which will not load.

The Device manager has no entry for Bluetooth, at all. There are 2 Bluetooth local services listed, one is Handsfree Service and the other Support Service. Neither is running. The Support Service reports no dependencies - Handsfree is dependent upon Support. Both will not start.

Is there something I have missed in this process?

Thank you.

muymalestado, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service

1. Windows 10 cannot connect to Bluetooth devices due to missing Bluetooth HandsFree Service - Similar Threads - cannot connect Bluetooth

2. Win11 bluetooth cannot find/connect bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 bluetooth cannot find/connect bluetooth device.: No matter whatever device i put in pairing, my desktop can't find and stay in the window which shows "Add a device: make sure that your device is turned on....". My any other things are fine to connect the bluetooth so appearently my pc must of having some problems connecting...
  3. Win11 bluetooth cannot find/connect bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 bluetooth cannot find/connect bluetooth device.: No matter whatever device i put in pairing, my desktop can't find and stay in the window which shows "Add a device: make sure that your device is turned on....". My any other things are fine to connect the bluetooth so appearently my pc must of having some problems connecting...
  4. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect: Hello, recently my bluetooth has been acting up, it will pair to my devices and is able to discover them however when i try to connect to the devices i am met with the promt "that didnt work make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable and try again". There is no issue...
  5. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect: Hello, recently my bluetooth has been acting up, it will pair to my devices and is able to discover them however when i try to connect to the devices i am met with the promt "that didnt work make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable and try again". There is no issue...
  6. Cannot connect bluetooth device to computer

Cannot connect bluetooth device to computer: I am not able to connect my bluetooth device Taotronics SoundLiberty 53 earbuds to my laptop Windows 10 home, x64 AMD, new. First of all earbuds connect with my phone and other phones/laptosps with no problems. Also my computer has no problems with connecting to other...
  7. Bluetooth missing from device manager and services

Bluetooth missing from device manager and services: one day my bluetooth stopped working. The icon is missing from the tray and settings. I ran troubleshooter and it says, "Device does not have bluetooth." I ran services.msc but Restore Bluetooth does not appear on the list...
  8. Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC

Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC: My Bluetooth icon is not displaying for me to be able to add new devices. I've tried to update the driver responsible for it, updated windows and above all the technical support had remote access to my laptop but were not able solve the problem. And here for assistance to fix...
  9. Cannot connect device by Bluetooth

Cannot connect device by Bluetooth: my laptop is not appearing or not responding to connect the devices by Bluetooth * Moved from Insider * Original title: about Bluetooth * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  10. Cannot Pair/Connect Bluetooth Devices

Cannot Pair/Connect Bluetooth Devices: ^Title. Headphones work fine while connecting to other devices, (phone, a different computer)However, this computer can't connect to any bluetooth devices. Upon running Toubleshoot>Bluetooth Devices, It tells me that the bluetooth radio wasn't enabled, and enabled it. And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth handsfree service missing

2. windows 10 bluetooth handsfree service missing

3. bluetooth handsfree service windows 10

4. BthHFSrv Bluetooth Handsfree Service icon not found