Windows 10: Windows 10, Cannot delete any file,shortcut from desktop only with admin password

Discus and support Windows 10, Cannot delete any file,shortcut from desktop only with admin password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there. I have fresh installation of windows 10 on pc. I have 2 accounts one is admin and second is user. When i tried to delete some shortcut or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nahakuB, May 11, 2020.

1. nahakuB Win User

Windows 10, Cannot delete any file,shortcut from desktop only with admin password

Hello there. I have fresh installation of windows 10 on pc. I have 2 accounts one is admin and second is user. When i tried to delete some shortcut or any file from User desktop it will ask for Admin password. How i can disable this feature but do not give any more admin privileges to the users? Thank you.

:)

nahakuB, May 11, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 11, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10, Cannot delete any file,shortcut from desktop only with admin password

lost admin password

Here you go:

1. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    2. Right-click it, then left-click Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    4. Type these commands and press Enter after each:

net users

(to see a list of all user accounts)

net user "John Doe" 12345678

(to set John's password to 12345678)
    Deleting the "other admin account" would be equivalent to throwing away your spare house key. Why would you want to do this?

Frederik Long, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, Cannot delete any file,shortcut from desktop only with admin password

1. Windows 10, Cannot delete any file,shortcut from desktop only with admin password - Similar Threads - Cannot delete file

2. delete admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete admin password: After having " Kennwoerd", now how delete admin password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-admin-password/52bbfd59-5864-4d84-b4e0-59b3b3d8cb8f
  3. delete admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete admin password: After having " Kennwoerd", now how delete admin password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-admin-password/52bbfd59-5864-4d84-b4e0-59b3b3d8cb8f
  4. delete admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete admin password (windows 10)?

Delete admin password (windows 10)?: Hi. Found my old gaming pc and unfortunately I only know the guest password. I checked the internet and in most tutorials they delete the admin password with CMD in the admin profile. Unfortunately I cannot log into the admin profile. And then there are the password eraser...
  6. Windows 10 no admin Password cannot make any changes

Windows 10 no admin Password cannot make any changes: HI, We have a windows 10 computer on our domain and somehow it's lost it's connection and local settings. I am the domain admin and I cannot make any changes on this computer - error - need admin user name and PW. Was able to check network connections and it's not hitting...
  7. Windows 10 demands admin password to delete folder from desktop, then still refuses when...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 demands admin password to delete folder from desktop, then still refuses when...: Can anyone explain this odd behaviour and how to avoid it, please? I copied some jpg and video files from my phone to my Windows 10 desktop today. a On trying to delete, Windows demanding an admin password - why? These are my normal user's files. Windows never used to...
  8. admin password "delete"

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin password "delete": how to delete admin password windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-delete/e4b115a8-92b5-4d3d-a716-d3c4c856f602
  9. admin password "delete"

admin password "delete": How to delete admin password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-delete/75f7e2bc-d71e-4c19-8b6f-1adad537660f
  10. Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.: I have noticed for a while now that certain shortcuts on my desktop keep disappearing into the trashcan, it leaves a blank white space where the shortcut was! I restore them back from the trashcan only to find them back in the trash a little while later, any suggestions...