Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using my PC installed with Windows 10 without much problem until recently, when it starts to have a lot of connection issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arcturus06, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections

Hello,

I have been using my PC installed with Windows 10 without much problem until recently, when it starts to have a lot of connection issues with my home wifi. It would occasionally disconnect and takes a while before it connects again, while my other devices don't have the same problem.

The main issue, though, is that last night, after I put the PC to sleep and restarted, it shows nothing but a black screen, and rebooting the computer doesn't work. I had to cut the power supply and restart, and when it did, it couldn't find any wifi connections in my area, including when I switched on my personal hotspot on my phone.

I did troubleshooting, but the only thing that came up was telling me to plug in an ethernet cable. The Wifi tab on the settings is missing entirely, as are all the options and settings for wireless network. I checked the device manager and the wireless network adapter doesn't even appear, nor is it under Other Devices or anywhere else. I tried different command prompt from previous threads and nothing worked, not even network reset. And it gets worse. After a few more reboots, it shows the blue screen error saying "Critical Process Died" and auto-repair doesn't work. Neither does using a recovery point or reset. In the end, I reinstalled Windows 10 and cleaned the entire drive, and the problem is still there, so I can't tell at this point if it's the problem of the PC or Windows itself.

If anyone can help it'll be greatly appreciated.

:)

Arcturus06, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    wireless connectivity

Hi Carl,

It's possible that your wireless network adapter is incompatible with the latest Windows 10 update, causing network connectivity issues. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which specific build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we recommend using the built-in network troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix common network problems. To use it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Network troubleshooter.
    • Click Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps shown on the screen.

Additionally, we suggest updating your wireless network adapter driver by following the steps

here

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections

Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections

1. Windows 10 cannot detect any wireless connections - Similar Threads - cannot detect wireless

2. Laptop cannot detect wifi connection, driver cannot be updated because there is no wireless...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop cannot detect wifi connection, driver cannot be updated because there is no wireless...: There should be qualcomm something about wifi network adapter that should be updated in order to detect wilreless connection, but in Device Manager, there is no choice for wireless adapter drive....
  3. Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings

Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings: I cannot connect to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-connection-error-message-windows-cannot/d1982cbb-2ee3-4451-8c34-a56a984dc4e9
  4. Cannot connect to any wireless network

Cannot connect to any wireless network: I am using a Fujitsu laptop with Windows 10 Home Vesion 1903 installed on 9/14/2019 and OS build 18362.449. From yesterday, I cannot connect to any wireless network. Although I can see them from the network available list, after click on the connect button, "Unable to...
  5. Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to wireless printer on Windows 10: Hi. I have spent about 10 hours trying to solve this problem, and it's very frustrating. I have a Canon MG6220 printer that I have used for years with no problems. It is connected to my 5G wireless network and I can print from a variety of devices in my home with no...
  6. Cannot find wireless connection

Cannot find wireless connection: Hello, I am using a laptop and recently it started to lose wireless connection for no reason and stopped working. This was happening for 2 weeks but now I can't find a connection from my router. It is not the routers fault since every other device in the house has a...
  7. Cannot connect to internet wirelessly

Cannot connect to internet wirelessly: when i booted up my computer one day, i was disconnected from my home internet connection. i went to click on the network and internet bitton on the taskbar, and the normal screen to connect to a network was replaced with, “change settings, such as making a connection...
  8. wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join

wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join: I have a new Canon camera that has the possibility of a wireless connection to download photographs. I have followed the (Canon) instructions and the camera detects my home network. When joining this network, I see the two PCs on the network. I choose one to join and then it...
  9. Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet: My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly...
  10. Cannot connect to the wireless network

Cannot connect to the wireless network: Hi I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's connected. When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box. I selected OK but got a message...