Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot detect HDMI while Ubuntu can

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot detect HDMI while Ubuntu can in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Education, build 17763.404 Laptop: Thinkpad T440 Monitor: Fujitsu P27-8 TS Pro Driver: default ("monitor.sys") / default + Fujitsu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by exprosic, Apr 3, 2019.

1. exprosic Win User

Windows 10 cannot detect HDMI while Ubuntu can

Laptop: Thinkpad T440

Monitor: Fujitsu P27-8 TS Pro

Driver: default ("monitor.sys") / default + Fujitsu color scheme ("P27-8.icm")

I failed to connect my laptop with the monitor along:

monitor -> HDMI cable -> HDMI to MiniDP converter -> MiniDP on laptop

The "Display" setting page shows both monitors, but the monitor itself keeps complaining about no signals coming from HDMI port.

However, with a simple reboot into Ubuntu, it works instantly without any change from the laptop or monitor.

Does anyone know if there is any systematic approach of locating the problem instead of poking around the settings pathetically assumed to be relevant?

Thanks.

:)

exprosic, Apr 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 can't detect second monitor after installing and running ubuntu

I can't detect my second monitor that is connected via hdmi cable after I installed Ubuntu in dual boot. Any suggestions how can I fix the problem ?

JordanKanchelov, Apr 3, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 cannot detect HDMI while Ubuntu can

No display detected HDMI

Hi,

I am trying to connect my projector to my HP laptop with a HDMI cable but windows 10 will not detect the display.

I have tried the following:

Checking the cable on another device - works fine.

Updating device drivers for my graphics card (Radeon R5).

Uninstalling and reinstalling device drivers for graphics card.

Updating BIOS.

The strange thing is that connecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable enables the connection, as there is a pause and the projector appears in the device list of my graphics card but is not detected by Windows 10.

Both devices work fine when connected through the VGA port.

I have used the HDMI port before so this is also not the issue.

I can't help but think this is an update required for Windows 10 which may not even be functional yet?

Thanks.

MattWhite5, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot detect HDMI while Ubuntu can

1. Windows 10 cannot detect HDMI while Ubuntu can - Similar Threads - cannot detect HDMI

2. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  3. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  4. Windows 11/10 not detecting HDMI TV

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11/10 not detecting HDMI TV: [ATTACH]In some cases, as a PC user, on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may encounter the issue whereby your PC can’t project to another screen, Surface does not connect to TV or Second screen, or Windows cannot detect the second monitor. In this post, we provide...
  5. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  6. Usb getting detected in Ubuntu but not in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb getting detected in Ubuntu but not in Windows 10.: My USB is not getting detected in windows. I have tried all the ways available on Internet. Can I get some help on this? submitted by /u/rishikcr7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lbpwvs/usb_getting_detected_in_ubuntu_but_not_in_windows/
  7. HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10: [ATTACH]HDMI is a standard that allows sending uncompressed audio and video data from one […] This article HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows detect HDMI as DVI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows detect HDMI as DVI: Today 2 forced updated occured and then my resolution went to ****, and I have no audio from my tv, I tried reinstalling the graphics card's driver thrice and nothing, I downloaded the new windows major update, and nothing, I still haven't reinstalled windows but I see...
  9. Ubuntu doesn't detect windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ubuntu doesn't detect windows 10: Ubuntu doesn't detect Windows 10 OS and I can't install ubuntu alongside it. I have checked the C drive for errors and found none. Secure boot is also disabled. I have all the requirements. 2.40GHz dual-core processor, 16GB RAM, Plenty of remaining space, GPU capable of...
  10. Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors: Running windows 10. I have a new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Laptop that has Thunderbolt, Mini-Display, and HDMI outputs. I have two monitors that are HDMI. THey are detected if I use the thunderbolt and Mini-display but not through the HDMI. I have tried multiple HDMI cables that...