Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot detect my camera after installing KB4566782

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot detect my camera after installing KB4566782 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my Windows 10 laptops cannot detect its built-in cameras after installing update KB4566782. The models for the computers are as follows: Metabox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelPadworth, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 cannot detect my camera after installing KB4566782

So my Windows 10 laptops cannot detect its built-in cameras after installing update KB4566782.

The models for the computers are as follows:

Metabox Alpha-X NH58DD

Kogan Atlas N300

The cameras simply don't show up in "Device Manager" after the update. There's no option to uninstall the drivers when "Show hidden device" is ticked. the only options are Update driver and Uninstall device. Update driver doesn't find any new driver. Uninstall device would just remove the device in Device Manager for good.

Tried all known troubleshooting methods. None works.

Uninstalled KB4566782 and the cameras went back on again.

Currently having Windows Update paused. Any help or advice?

:)

MichaelPadworth, Aug 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 cannot detect my camera after installing KB4566782

camera not detected

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing camera after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of outdated/ corrupted drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the driver status in Device Manager.

Right click on the Start menu, click on Device Manager, and check if there are any exclamatory mark on any of the drivers. If so, right click on the drive, click on
    Properties and let us know the Device status.

If you find any error codes, I suggest you to refer to the below article to find for that error code and perform the respective troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot detect my camera after installing KB4566782

1. Windows 10 cannot detect my camera after installing KB4566782 - Similar Threads - cannot detect camera

2. KB4566782 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4566782 won't install: I have a new HP Pc--one week old. It continually asks that I restart the PC in order to install update KB4566782. The machine shows OS Build 19041.329. When I restart the PC as directed, it restarts normally, without any "updating" or installation of anything. Within a...
  3. BSOD after installing KB4566782 and other updates

BSOD after installing KB4566782 and other updates: Hello, I am having similar issues around the August 2020 timeframe of getting, BSOD Kernel security check failure. In August or September it seems to occur at the same time there is mouse movement. I have been suspicious of Acronic True Image/2020 and 2021, Kaspersky...
  4. Windows Update Error installing KB4566782 - Error 0x800f081f

Windows Update Error installing KB4566782 - Error 0x800f081f: Windows Update keeps failing with the error code Error 0x800f081f. Even Manually updating using the *.msu package fails. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-installing-kb4566782-error/b753f020-4404-4a11-81c3-8da07ccb5216
  5. KB4566782 is corrupted or not

KB4566782 is corrupted or not: Recently i have cloned my system from HDD to SSDCloning all the partition except local disk and i would like to know that isKB4566782 has problems in installing i m using HP AU624TX machine when i install update using both via Windows Update and via MSU i m unable to install...
  6. Error 0x800f081f while trying to install update KB4566782 Windows 10

Error 0x800f081f while trying to install update KB4566782 Windows 10: I was trying to install an update my computer but one day, it keeps looping between "Downloading" and "Installing" and now it says "Installing" until 44% then jumps to 100% and display a message: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you...
  7. I can't install KB4566782

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't install KB4566782: When I restart my computer to finish the update, it's fine until 98% and than it says "We couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes" and after it restarted I get 0x800f0922 error. I tried resetting windows update, I enabled .NET features and ran sfc /scannow which didn't...
  8. KB4566782 won't install.

KB4566782 won't install.: Been trying to install this for about a week now. Installation starts, downloads everything, starts the actual installation, gets to 44% then rushes to 100% and installation fails. Have also tried to manually install. Have followed the instructions from here:...
  9. Windows 10 KB4565351 & KB4566782 are failing to install for some uses

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4565351 & KB4566782 are failing to install for some uses: According to user reports, the important Windows 10 August 2020 security update is failing to install for some users. Windows 10 KB4565351 and KB4566782 are causing installation problems for users whose machines run the November 2019 Update (1909) and May 2020 Update (version...
  10. Unable to get KB4566782 to install on Windows 10 Professional

Unable to get KB4566782 to install on Windows 10 Professional: I have been trying to get this update installed on my system for a few days now and I am unable to get it to install. I have rebooted multiple times, renamed the softwaredistribution and catroot2 folders, along with running the Windows Update troubleshooter but nothing has...
Tags: