Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot extend C partition

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot extend C partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot extend C partition although I have 48GB unallocated [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YehiaElsawy, May 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 cannot extend C partition

I cannot extend C partition although I have 48GB unallocated

Windows 10 cannot extend C partition fd05f37f-c7c8-447f-a3e0-b1557d965a8d?upload=true.png Windows 10 cannot extend C partition 706109c3-930a-4060-83e3-cccb77a5180a?upload=true.png

:)

YehiaElsawy, May 15, 2019

2. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, May 15, 2019
  3. -xKevin- Win User
    How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, May 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 cannot extend C partition

How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

1. Right-click on the partition (in your case, Data) and select
    Delete Volume.

2. When the prompt appears click Yes.

3. The partition will now display as Unallocated.

4. Now, right-click on C: Drive and select Extend Volume.

5. Click on Next. If you wish to extend all the unallocated partition to C: drive, then click
    Next otherwise next to select the amount of space in MB
    text box type in the space (in MB) to merge with C: drive.

6. Click on Finish.

Note: In disk management, D: drive must be next to the C: drive on the right-side only then you can extend C: drive.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot extend C partition

1. Windows 10 cannot extend C partition - Similar Threads - cannot extend partition

2. How to extend C partition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend C partition...: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i900sn7ejtb3y3z/Installer.rar/file?dkey=903wmvz0b7l&r=1045 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-c-partition/15fb8ef8-d05e-40ba-9f1c-c8ba0f3550e1
  3. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  4. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  5. Can't extend windows 10 c partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend windows 10 c partition: I have reinstalled from USB Flash, WIN10 on my laptop. The screen is broken . So I reinstalled blind guessing the prompts, with some online video content guidance.I now have a working Win10 Laptop again using external Monitor.ButMy OS Win10 C: Partition is only using 25GB...
  6. Can't extend windows 10 c partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't extend windows 10 c partition: I have reinstalled from USB Flash, WIN10 on my laptop. The screen is broken . So I reinstalled blind guessing the prompts, with some online video content guidance.I now have a working Win10 Laptop again using external Monitor.ButMy OS Win10 C: Partition is only using 25GB...
  7. Can't extend windows 10 c partition

8. C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted

C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted: Hello, I would like to extend my partition to cover the system labelled partition and an unallocated partition all lying on the right of the C drive respectively. The option to extend the C partition is Grayed out. I think the System labelled partition is restricting me Note:...
  9. How to extend C partition

How to extend C partition: One years ago I did a fresh Windows 10 installation with two partition C 200 GB and D 300GB but now I need more free storage for C. I have tried disk management but extend option is greyed out. I do not want to reinstall windows 10 again. it would be possible? plzz help...
  10. Unable to extend C: partition

Unable to extend C: partition: Hi I am trying to configure my recently purchased laptop which came with Win 10 installed. It also came with a hard drive partiton (D:) pre installed. The C: partition is marginally larger than is required by the Win 10 installation. Anyway, I am loading on various apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disk partition cant extend volume c

2. Extend partition during fresh installation of windows 10