Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot factory reset

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm having a few issues. Recently sent laptop away for repair as it wasnt charging. When it was fixed it had been wiped so resigned in with new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamTrump-Davies, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 cannot factory reset

So I'm having a few issues.

Recently sent laptop away for repair as it wasnt charging. When it was fixed it had been wiped so resigned in with new Microsoft account as forgot my old sign in details. (live regional so took a while for it to be sent off and returned etc) No problems except windows 10 will not let me download anything unless I upgrade to windows 10 pro which is $350!!!!

I then do some updates except some do not install correctly and laptop crashes constantly.uninstall updates but doesn't doc issue. When I try to do factory reset I get a message saying it can't. Try to download media creation tool but cannot open or run the tool

It seems neither command prompt or powershell are installed. Will not let me install them without upgrading to pro.

Also windows edge is not recognising any security certificates. I only have windows defender installed no other firewalls.

Remember old Microsoft account details (which I am signed into on my phone now). Try to add my old account (hoping it will link to old windows 10 product key and maybe I can download command prompt) but when I try to sign in I get a message saying I need to be connected to internet to sign in for the first time...laptop IS connected and internet is working fine when I login with the new account I created.

:)

SamTrump-Davies, Dec 9, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 9, 2018
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 cannot factory reset

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot factory reset

1. Windows 10 cannot factory reset - Similar Threads - cannot factory reset

2. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset when Windows cannot boot: Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and...
  3. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset when Windows cannot boot: Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and...
  4. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset: Hello My Name is Smith my problem is that I can't reset my pc. I tried to reset it through the settings but then a blue screen came up and it said: insert your windows installation or recovery media and restart the pc with the media. I tried to do it with the recovery drive...
  6. Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset: Hello My Name is Smith my problem is that I can't reset my pc. I tried to reset it through the settings but then a blue screen came up and it said: insert your windows installation or recovery media and restart the pc with the media. I tried to do it with the recovery drive...
  7. Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot factory reset running windows to go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot factory reset running windows to go: I go to factory reset my well I thought my windows 10 pc but it pops up with error message saying you are running windows to go. Is there anyway to bypass this?...
  9. Cannot factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot factory reset laptop: Laptop has been stuck on the Blue Screen of Death-Automatic Repair loop for almost a day. I cannot boot normally,, or into Safe mode. I can get into BIOS and the WinRE menus. Automatic repair does not work. Despite having them, I apparently have no recovery points. I can't...
  10. CANNOT DO A FACTORY RESET ON WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT DO A FACTORY RESET ON WIN 10: I have twice attempted today to perform a Win 10 factory reset on my HP Desktop PC which is appx 4 months old. I have used the "Reset" option under "Recovery" in settings. I selected it to remove all files and apps, and on the second attempt toggled the "Data Erasure" switch...