Windows 10: windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off

Discus and support windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to fix windows lost desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SlinkyTax1116, Oct 20, 2019.

1. windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off

how to fix windows lost desktop?

:)

SlinkyTax1116, Oct 20, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 20, 2019
  4. windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off

Blank and Flashing Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing some issues regarding your computer desktop. Let me help you resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off

1. windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off - Similar Threads - cannot find desktop

2. Windows 10 install blank screen/flashing cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install blank screen/flashing cursor: Starting off, a few months back I upgraded my ram sticks from 8 gb 4x2 to 16 gb 8x2. After doing that I have the issue of windows not booting from any of my boot devices. I have tried multiple ways which are listed below. Each of these attempts to fix my issue all lead to a...
  3. Blank screen with flashing underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen with flashing underscore: Had this laptop since 2012. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 back when it was free in 2016. My laptop sat with a dead battery for some time and recently I tried to start it and a message "Boot from AHCI CD-ROM:". I am not a techy guy so I followed some online advice and...
  4. Windows Desktop Flashes on and off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop Flashes on and off: Hello. I have the same problem as shown in this forum on August 13 2015: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-windows-10-flashing-desktop/9060755f-3f60-4eef-9098-a2a5b37031f1 After switching on my 2-year old 64-bit Windows Acer Laptop, the desktop...
  5. Blank Cmd box flashing on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Cmd box flashing on screen: Tried everything I know - still flashing every min or so... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-cmd-box-flashing-on-screen/1a2c5e13-0272-4b51-b376-21e2dd4ecf6a
  6. task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update: My desktop just finished installing updated and on restart all in getting is the task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on . From reading some of the others having this same issue only a fresh install will rectify this mine was an upgrade so i have no product key . i...
  7. Windows cannot find file message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find file message: I am having problems running some program shortcuts on my laptop. I am getting messages similar to the following:- Windows cannot find 'C\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPSF.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. Can...
  8. Flashing Desktop, on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flashing Desktop, on and off: Hi Everyone. The last week or so, a desktop on one computer(1st) (on a network with multiple computers) begins to flash off and on. The desktop is not responsive at all, however I can open programs like outlook or chrome and use them while behind, the desktop is flashing....
  9. Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen: Hello guys, hopefully this is in the right section. I have installed Windows 10 on my SSD Samsung Evo 850 500 GB and I am using additional WD HDD 1 TB. Previously I have been using two old HDDs and Windows turned off itself automatically with no problem. I have also...
  10. File disappeared off desktop - cannot find or recover

in Windows 10 Support
    File disappeared off desktop - cannot find or recover: Hi, I was transferring all my photos on my phone to a folder on my desktop, named 'Photoa'. A couple of seconds after the last photo was copied over I watched the folder suddenly disappear from the desktop. I was not performing any action at the time. A search of the...